Michigan-Detroit
Options

Photographer similar to JLB?

Hi all! So I have fallen in LOVE with JLB photography. I love all of his work and I would LOVE to have him photograph our wedding. The problem is that he farrr exceeds our budget. I've been looking for someone with a similar style, but can't seem to find anyone. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks!

Re: Photographer similar to JLB?

• Options
    Yeah we had the same problem. even having friends who are friends with him didn't help haha. One of my friends is using Adam Sparks and he does a fantastic job!

I ended up hiring a friend who went to CCS with me for photography. She worked out a deal with me for much cheaper. Maybe see if any students or recent grads would be interested?
  • Options

Hi Amy,

I felt the exact same way!  Unfortunately JLB wasn't available on our date.  He was really nice and gave me a list of other photographers to check out, but they were pretty much in the same price range.  The one whose portfolio I liked best in the list was Ryan Southen, but he was actually strangely rude to me during email communication.

We ended up going with Amanda Williams. I can't say a whole lot since she hasn't taken our photos yet, but we really liked her and her work, her prices are great, and we especially liked that we get all photo rights and RAW images.  She was really friendly and basically helped us plan out the entire timeline of our wedding day before we had even hired her.  Check her out!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    we hired jessespeelman.com. he has done our engagement pics so far and they are awesome! i would say jesse has a similar vibe to your jlb, that artistic, hip and photojournalistic style. he is also really great to work with! and reasonably priced, too. 
  • Options
    Hi all! So I have fallen in LOVE with JLB photography. I love all of his work and I would LOVE to have him photograph our wedding. The problem is that he farrr exceeds our budget. I've been looking for someone with a similar style, but can't seem to find anyone. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks!
    Sorry I cant answer on my tablet without quoting, not sure why. Anyway, we are using Bak Photography out of Saline, they have 8 or 10 photographer s with a wide variety of packages in many price points. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards