May 2014 Weddings
Options

As Much As I Look Forward To It All....

I think I'm going to be a little sad when all the planning and everything is done.  I have actually really enjoyed the wedding planning, and even the fun discussions.  Yesterday FI and I were talking about the cake cutting song, and I like the Gummy Bear Song (don't ask, I'm a little nuts) and he won't go for it, but keeps singing The Candyman by Christina Aguilera.  I think the song is marginally inappropriate (she talks about how the guy "one stop shop, makes my panties drop...") so he said, "I would rather swing dance with you during that song" and I smiled a giant grin and said "okay that sounds like fun!"  And it has been so many other conversations like that.  Sure we have had to have slightly more heated discussions, but all in all, it has been fun!!  Anyone else thinking they might miss it all after everything is all said and done?  And please don't make the mistake of thinking I'm not looking forward to married life, cause I am, BIG time!! :D
Anniversary

Re: As Much As I Look Forward To It All....

• Options
    Yes and no. I won't miss the crazy stress over little pieces of paper that still haven't been mailed back *cough*cough*I*hate*RSVPs*right*now*cough*cough*. But will miss the fun discussions and making decisions with my FI. But luckily for me my MOH is getting marriedin July 2015 so when my wedding is over I get to help her plan hers lol!
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I think I will miss looking up stuff and getting all kinds of ideas for weddings. I will also miss all the excitement leading up to the wedding and all the fun things we've gotten to do. 

I won't miss the drama and comments from other people and the Niagara Falls of money flowing out of my checking account :) 
  • Options
    To be bluntly honest, I will be over the moon with joy when this is over. Then I can focus on other stuff and get back to normal. Start school and stuff like that!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I am SO excited for it to be over. I am looking so forward to sunday night after the wedding being able to go to bed in my house with my new husband :)
  • Options
    Nope! Not going to miss planning. Ive done the bulk of everything. Getting my fi to help is like pulling my own teeth! My mother isnt as into helping as id like her to be, shes not buying or making help, but exvited for bridal shower nd bach party. Id love her to bemore involved and excited for me. Same for my dad, everyone is just so blah!
  • Options
    I can't wait for this damn wedding to happen already.

Wedding planning is much more fun when all you're doing is looking at pinterest.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I've definitely got mixed emotions. I am SO excited to be married (more excited for the married life than for the wedding - we're not moving in together until we're married). Sometimes I wish I could just skip the wedding and get to the being married part. Other times, I get sooo bummed because I absolutely love laying in bed looking through Pinterest getting ideas. What am I going to do when that is all over? What happens when I find a cute idea for the wedding I'm never going to have again? Thankfully I'm the first of all my friends to get married so hopefully I'll be able to help plan theirs .. but it's not the same! So yeah, definitely mixed emotions!
  • Options
    Well we definitely are all a mixed bag here! Lol. I think I might miss it is cause it was so easy for us and all our family has been excited, supportive, and helpful with everything. But I am so excited to be a wife and to have my FI be my husband. I can't wait to start married life :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm definitely going to miss it. It's been relatively easy for me, except waiting for the RSVPs part, grrrrrr. I learned a lot about myself: I actually like planning parties, I'm much more creative than I thought, I'm resourceful...I'm going to miss the pre-wedding parties! At the same time I can't wait to be married to my FI and start a family.
  • Options
    This probably sounds horrible but, I think I will miss being the center of attention for awhile! It seems like every time we are around family, all anyone can talk about is the wedding and how excited they are, and it sort of feels nice :) I come from a big family, and FI has a TON of cousins getting married, having babies, etc... so, it's not normal for us to be the focus of everyone's attention.

I am NOT looking forward to the constant badgering about when I'm going to get pregnant. Both of our families are dying for a new baby, but I'm just not ready yet!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @klburke88 I totally understand about the center of attention thing.  I have a group of ladies that I meet up with to knit/crochet and every time we meet, my up and coming wedding is a topic.  Its fun and it has been nice.  They are all invited to the wedding, so they are looking forward to it as well :)  As for babies, FI and I have made it clear that isn't in our near future, possibly even never.  So no pressure from anyone in the the family thankfully :)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards