March 2015 Weddings

Hello and Introduction

Hi ladies!  I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.
We are getting married on 30th March 2015.  We have decided on Maui, Hawaii.  My partner and his family are all from New Zealand.  My family live in the US.  My partner and I have been together 8 years and live in New Zealand with our 18 month old daughter.  We choose Hawaii because it's the most central location for our families and It's a beautiful place!!!
We have our vendor and caterer booked, which were the two biggest things.  I'm totally stressed about my dress.  They are so expensive here.  I can't find anything under $3000.  I have totally had to up my budget for my dress to $5000.  I was not expecting that!
Anyway, I hope to be on the boards more frequently.
Cheers!

Re: Hello and Introduction

• Would it be cheaper to get a flight to Honolulu to a shop during a trunk show? There's a David's Bridal in Pearl City also. There's no reason to make a budget that high if you don't want/need to.

imageimage

• I looked into flying to the US or Australia to buy a dress.  I would have to buy 2 tickets at least (my daughter would have to come).  Then pay for hotel and food.  I looked into it but it then wouldn't be much cheaper.  And if I had to have it altered, that would cost extra.  I'm trying to find something here that I can also order in the US and have it sent to my mum and she can send it to me. We'll see how it goes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards