Snarky Brides

Cutesy RSVPs - with bells on?

2»

Re: Cutesy RSVPs - with bells on?

• MadHops21 said:

My cousin did this for her wedding. My family had no idea what bells meant until we got to the reception and saw bells on the table. When the cousin's family started ringing the bells and the bride and groom kissed, we finally understood. But I still don't understand when you said "Will attend, no bells". Do you just not get bells then at the reception? 

Ours was just a figure of speech. There were no literal or figurative bells. It was just an expression.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • I don't think it is cute but I don't think it is dumb either.  I am neutral on it and I probably would just mark what I needed to mark and send it on its way.  But then again, it is a RSVP card.  I don't really find any RSVP card cute.
    This. And no, I've never heard of the expression. 
  • So as far as I can tell, the RSVP with different numbers of bells is how excited and enthusiastic you are about the wedding? It seems like a great way to set yourself up for the hard truth of what people may actually think about your wedding.

I have never heard of this expression.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @HisGirlFriday13 What's the expression? I haven't heard it before, but then again I'm young and naive. 
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
  • @MadHops21:
    KGold80 said:

larrygaga said:

How does everyone know what this rsvp means but me? Do you literally wear bells? Someone explain this to poor larrygaga

It's from the phrase "I'll be there with bells on"

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/with-bells-on.html

Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • @MadHops21:

larrygaga said:
    How does everyone know what this rsvp means but me? Do you literally wear bells? Someone explain this to poor larrygaga
    It's from the phrase "I'll be there with bells on"

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/with-bells-on.html
    Today, I have learned. Thanks!
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
  • I think it's cute, but I'm not gonna lie if someone sent it to me who already got on my nerves then I would be annoyed by it. I find that things that don't normally bother me really piss me off when done by someone who gets on my nerves already. LOL
  • I think these kinds of responses are pretty stupid. What is wrong with just "accept" or "decline"? I have heard the expression many times, and used it myself. But I don't get the # of bells part at all.
  • Having never heard the expression before this thread, I'd be googling it. In my opinion, no RSVP should require Google to explain. My personal level of irritation would depend on how close I was to the happy couple.
  • I appreciate your comment @larrygaga because I looked at the photo in OP & had NO IDEA what the heck it was talking about. Hahaha!

• No. The number of guests would be indicated following the words that say "number of guests." The bells do not exist. You may bring as many or few allegorical bells as you please. I suggest 20-30 for maximum imaginary hoopla. One per guest would work as well, but I find it funny enough to deserve many more.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards