Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

When to order invites?

So I know you send them out 6-8 weeks before, but how far in advance did y'all order? I am just over 6 months out.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: When to order invites?

• Options
    I ordered mine about 6 months out. If you're confident in your timeline and venues, I think it's fine to order now. It wont hurt you to wait another month or so though. Start keeping an eye out for good sales and pull the trigger if you're ready. 
  • Options
    i ordered at 5 months out, but that was after 1 month of back and forth design conversations with the stationer.  make sure to allow time for design if you are using a stationer and not just vistaprint or wpd.
  • Options
    The Knot timeline tells me I should order in January for our June 2015 wedding. I think a lot depends on how long they will take to be made and to be mailed to you if you are ordering from farther away. Also it is smart to err on the side of caution, as I have heard of printing errors and spelling mistakes so you may want to allow time for a reprint in case something like this ends up happening.
  • Options
    Early February/wedding in September. And now I stare at them, knowing I can't touch them until June. But it's a nice feeling knowing they're here and they're right and they're ready!

• Options
    @lolo883, When you ordered, how long did it take for them to come in? Our wedding is mid October, so I am starting to think I should order them soon.
  • Options
    My dad placed the actual order (he offered to cover them since he has connections from a former business he owned), so I'm not sure how much of the total elapsed time was him checking and rechecking and how much was actual printing and shipping. He did get back to me several times about "you wanted mocha ink, right?" "are you sure you don't want the return address printed?" and I know he had some back and forth with the printer, after staring at the computer screen scared to hit "submit" for about 3 days. :) I think all told it was about 4 weeks. (Printer was Carlson Craft.)

• Options
    Ok got it! We have the invites that we like. At this point, it is just about clicking submit!
  • Options
    I envy all who have the luxury to order them and have them printed. My FI owns a printing business so I am at his mercy because there is no way he would let me have them printed elsewhere. Ours need to go out in ~two weeks and I don't have them yet. The good thing about it is that I'm getting them custom designed. However, it is driving me insane!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @KGold80 I completely understand that. FMIL works in printing and custom designed and printed ours. I had my envelopes addressed and waiting for two months before the invitations were done. As soon as I got them I assembled them, belly bands and all, and mailed them that same week. We were cutting it close!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm just under 3 months out right now and I haven't ordered mine yet. I'm ordering them from the same place I ordered my STDates from, and they have a 1 day turn-around for regular laser printing (which is what I'm getting), and shipping is 2-3 days. I'll order them in the next week or two, spend a week or so confirming if any guests have started new relationships, take another week to address them, and get them out right around 7 or 8 weeks.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    I might suggest that you post your text for us to edit.  There might be a simple change you would want to make.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options

@CMGragain, that is a great idea!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards