Wedding Invitations & Paper

Opinions on invite wording?

Given that my FI hasn't printed the invitations yet, I figured I might as well take the opportunity to have the experts look it over before it's set in stone. We are not being married in a house of worship. What do you think?

TOGETHER WITH THEIR FAMILIES

Bride Name (in script font)

AND

Groom Name (in script font)

REQUEST THE PLEASURE OF YOUR COMPANY

AS THEY ARE JOINED IN MARRIAGE

SATURDAY, THE TWENTY-FIRST OF JUNE

AT HALF AFTER FIVE O’CLOCK IN THE EVENING

VENUE NAME
VENUE ADDRESS
OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLAHOMA

(should the venue info be double spaced as well?)

RECEPTION TO FOLLOW (should this be in a script font?)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Opinions on invite wording?

• I believe that is considered afternoon. 6pm and later are considered evening.
  • Ahhh...yes, good point. We were originally planning to start at 6pm, so I had evening stuck in my head. I wonder if we need that at all? I can't imagine anyone being confused and thinking the ceremony would start at 5:30am.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I don't think anyone would be confused, just in the interest of using proper terminology. For your other inquiries I don't think you need to double space the location information, and if you want the script font at the end it's totally up to you. I think generally as long as you have no more than two fonts and it's clear and legible then you're fine.
  • KGold80 said:
    Ahhh...yes, good point. We were originally planning to start at 6pm, so I had evening stuck in my head. I wonder if we need that at all? I can't imagine anyone being confused and thinking the ceremony would start at 5:30am.
    You don't need it.  Like you said, I doubt anyone would think your ceremony was taking place at 5 in the morning.

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2014
    TOGETHER WITH THEIR FAMILIES

Bride Name (in script font)

AND

Groom Name (in script font)

REQUEST THE PLEASURE OF YOUR COMPANY

AS THEY ARE JOINED IN MARRIAGE

SATURDAY, THE TWENTY-FIRST OF JUNE

AT HALF AFTER FIVE O’CLOCK  (Not "in the evening")

VENUE NAME

VENUE ADDRESS

OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLAHOMA

RECEPTION TO FOLLOW
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I've never heard of "half after five," is that a regional phrasing?  "Half past five" is what I would use.  ...Not that anybody is likely to care one way or the other, they'll look at it for 10 seconds when they receive it, and maybe once again right before the day, to double check the details :P
  • I've never heard of "half after five," is that a regional phrasing?  "Half past five" is what I would use.  ...Not that anybody is likely to care one way or the other, they'll look at it for 10 seconds when they receive it, and maybe once again right before the day, to double check the details :P
    According to Emily Post, half after the hour is proper wording for wedding invitations.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragain said:
    I've never heard of "half after five," is that a regional phrasing?  "Half past five" is what I would use.  ...Not that anybody is likely to care one way or the other, they'll look at it for 10 seconds when they receive it, and maybe once again right before the day, to double check the details :P
    According to Emily Post, half after the hour is proper wording for wedding invitations.
    Really?  Learn something new every day.  I've never heard that phrase before!
  • I'm no help, but I just wanted to say yay Oklahoma City.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards