Snarky Brides

I can't stand my uncle's girlfriend.

I have an uncle that's only 7 years older than me. His girlfriend, though, is 19 years old. Considerably younger than myself AND my uncle. He very easily could be her father (he's 23 years older than her). 

She posts 35 selfies every day. 
She is constantly posting TMI statues about their lives. I don't need to know how often my uncle farts, thanks. 
She does not work and does not go to school. She sits around all day waiting for my uncle to get out of work. 
She actually Facebook messages me to chat (we've only met twice). She likes to tell me how bored she is sitting around their apartment. 

I'm trying to be nice to this girl - who knows, she could end up being my aunt some day *cry*. But I can't fucking stand her. You're bored? How about you get off your fucking ass and look for a job? Maybe take a class. JAY-SUS! 

Re: I can't stand my uncle's girlfriend.

• Ughhh. I'd be tempted to tell her, 'Hey, sorry you're bored, but out here in the real world, I have things to do -- work deadlines and meeting up with friends and there's this pottery class I'm taking, and you know how it is, being busy and all. Bye!'
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Have you told her your suggestions?
  • Ughhh. I'd be tempted to tell her, 'Hey, sorry you're bored, but out here in the real world, I have things to do -- work deadlines and meeting up with friends and there's this pottery class I'm taking, and you know how it is, being busy and all. Bye!'
    I really, really am tempted to say something like this to her. If she catches me on an off day, it just might happen!
  • And this is why I turned off Facebook chat. Ugh.

So sorry you have to deal with her!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Sitting around being a house-girlfriend at 19 is unacceptable. Tell her to stop making an embarrassment of herself and go out and do something!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Her age and their age gap really doesn't make a difference. Her laziness and ability to complain that she's bored while you're busy working, running a household, etc - is plain SHITTY. Maybe suggest classes at a local community college or a hobby or part time job specific to something you know she likes. Either it will help set her in the right direction or she'll get annoyed by your suggestions and stop messaging you. :-) 
  • abbyj700 said:
    Her age and their age gap really doesn't make a difference. Her laziness and ability to complain that she's bored while you're busy working, running a household, etc - is plain SHITTY. Maybe suggest classes at a local community college or a hobby or part time job specific to something you know she likes. Either it will help set her in the right direction or she'll get annoyed by your suggestions and stop messaging you. :-) 
    Their age gap bothers me. It shouldn't, but it does. My uncle is in love with her and I really don't see her sticking around for the long haul. 

I will definitely politely suggest that to her next time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards