August 2015 Weddings

Venue Blues

I love event planning, but I guess its different when its for you. I have never had to book a venue for events that I have done. It is already chosen by the time I get involved (I'm not a professional planner...at least not yet lol). I have not enjoyed this part of the process at all. We have made two trips to RI (where I'm from) to visit venues. I thought we almost had it decided, but the more I think about it (and it didn't help that when my dad finally saw it a week after we did and he didn't care for it. 28 and still a daddy's girl) I just not confident its the place. So cross your fingers that one of the first places we visited still has our date. We cross them off the list due to price and price only (we loved it other wise). We are compromising by considering their smaller room, but the price is much more reasonable. Reasonable enough that I personally think that is no longer available. I really want to move on to other things in the planning process and have a venue secure! Time is ticking!
hallunscripted.blogspot.com
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Venue Blues

• Have you checked out the Kinney Bungalow in RI? A Girlfriend of mine booked there and I believe the site fee is reasonable. 
  • Thanks @jocelyneileen our guest count is 250 and its too small. The date is available at the more expensive location, but literally just found out that the smaller room can't hold 250 and dancing. So I'm really feeling defeated. I am thinking its time to look outside of RI.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Selecting a venue was the hardest part for me as well. In the end, we started off our planning on the ultimate no no and booked a location that was above what we had wanted to spend.

BUT we are very excited about it and I know it was the right call. We went back and forth on it for a few weeks before we put down a deposit. Since then the wedding planning has become fun again and much less stressful. Feels good when you have it locked down!

• I would try your local board to see if hey know anywhere in your budget that will hold 250
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am right there with you, I am trying to get married out in a valley with awesome views and surroundings of beautiful mountains and a river... BUT it is mostly residential and the two places that could be venues and rent out for weddings are way over our budget... so I am getting stressed and bummed out big time. I have gone to lengths of putting an ad on craigslist asking if any ranchers or land owners would be willing to rent out their property for a wedding cermony granted we would pay them a small fee just to have the ceremony there... no luck so far. So I feel your pain and am wishing us both luck on finding an awesome and reasonable venue!!!
  • Thanks I decided to look out of RI. Now considering Boston again. Still in communications with two of the places in RI, but I'm definitely ready to move on. Thanks for the encouragement but. @MrsDean22 we are gonna find or perfect place! Good luck.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards