Attire & Accessories Forum

Picking a veil

I finally after much fussing decided on my wedding dress- its oleg cassani CWG594. I know I don't want a chapel length veil, probably just a mid-length and beyond that, I just want it to work with the dress. I kinda thought I'd have one piece over my face while walking down the aisle but I'm not convinced of that. anyway, most of the ones I've looked at that are OK are all completely plain. That would be fine since the dress is pretty extravagant but I'm not usually one for plain. anyone know of any great veils for this dress that I should look at?

P.s. I'm posting a pic of me in the dress, but the one I ordered will be bigger (not so overwhelmingly tight) and white not ivory like I'm wearing.

Re: Picking a veil

• fam1820 said:
    I finally after much fussing decided on my wedding dress- its oleg cassani CWG594. I know I don't want a chapel length veil, probably just a mid-length and beyond that, I just want it to work with the dress. I kinda thought I'd have one piece over my face while walking down the aisle but I'm not convinced of that. anyway, most of the ones I've looked at that are OK are all completely plain. That would be fine since the dress is pretty extravagant but I'm not usually one for plain. anyone know of any great veils for this dress that I should look at?

P.s. I'm posting a pic of me in the dress, but the one I ordered will be bigger (not so overwhelmingly tight) and white not ivory like I'm wearing.
    @fam1820

1. Very pretty dress! You look amazing in it.

2. Here's a veil that I am getting. It's simple but not completely plain. It's 2 tiered so you can have one tier over your face if you want to but you don't have to. I attached 3 photos of it from online and 2 photos of me wearing it (note: It was not hung up or pressed before I put it on. I took it out of the bag at the fitting)
  • I believe that you will look gorgeous when you put on your wedding dress. I hope that you will find your ideal veil soon.
  • hlvonb- that's definitely the type I'm looking for! thanks for the pictures!
  • I agree a two tier fingertip length veil would work well. Nice choice on dress!
  • fam1820 said:
    hlvonb- that's definitely the type I'm looking for! thanks for the pictures!
    @fam1820

You're welcome! 
  • I recommend one with clear beading around the edges. It adds a little bit of sparkle and will match the beading on your dress without distracting from it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards