Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Personalized return address stamp

Yay.  i am pretty sure I just saved myself a ton of time when it comes to putting my return address on the invitations.  Personalized stamps are $29 marked down from $39 (until Monday at Papersource.com).  My FI was against it, at first.  After only needing to send out 20 invitations for my sister's baby shower and the writer's cramp that ensued.... I realized this device will come in handy, especially for our wedding. When I think about it, I will have two bridal showers with thank you notes, the wedding invitations, and the thank you notes for the wedding.  I am sure this will be worth every penny and then some, considering all the stationary that is required for a wedding.    I decided to go with only first names, since we are not sharing a last name... I saw it done with several examples. Plus, when we do move into a house, I can buy a new plate with the new address for a cheaper price than the whole set.

Re: Personalized return address stamp

• Options
    I bought a personalized address stamp off etsy. Justed used it on all my invitations and rsvp envelopes. It saved me so much time! Im definitely glad I spent the money.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Yay! I bought one off Etsy too. Love it! I also used just our first names so we can use it before and after the wedding (I'm taking his last name).

• Options
    This is what I plan to do also, so I'm glad to hear it's the way to go.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

That's what I did also. And also with just first names so it could be used before and after wedding. I loved it.

I went with dark colored envelopes, so addressing & printing was more complicated. It's also shimmer paper, so it takes forever for ink/pen to dry (left it overnight).  So, I bought a old-school rubber return address stamp and used it with silver ink.  Then I can use it with black ink for other things when needed. It made return addresses so much quicker and definitely neater than hand writing them. The pre-inked stamps are super easy & cleaner if you can do standard color ink though (most only offer blue, black, red).

• Options
    We didn't use a stamp but bought an embosser. We're using white envelopes for everything (we're pretty simple) and it's been a huge help. We've only used it on the STDs so far but plan to use it on the invitations as well.

It works pretty well: just squeeze it on the back. You can get them at Office Depot, Staples, etc. though I got one from StampxPress.com
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I was going to go with the embosser, but I wanted to go with a pressed flower seal to tie in my colors to the invitations.  Embossers are fancy and awesome!
  • Options
    I bought one off Etsy and it was a lifesaver! 
  • Options
    Can I use this for my rsvp forwarding address, or do you think these return address stamps are too small to be used for anything than a return address?
  • Options
    Ven&RadioVen&Radio member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2014
    I used a personalized address stamp for putting my address on RSVP cards.  To my knowledge, all of the ones that were mailed made it to us. 

ETA:  my return address stamp is quite large  I'd guess it's 1.5" high by 4" wide.
  • Options
    I think it would be fine for RSVP cards, assuming it's at least about a 10-12 pt font. That's what typical "business" mail is printed in. Compare it to something you get in the mail to be sure. :)

• Options
    Is it okay even though my personal stamp does not have our last names to use it as the forwarding address!
  • Options
    All that's required for mail to get to you is a full address. The name is only really required if there's a change-of-address forward in place, since that's specific to a person or family. But if your stamp can be used as a return address (since that would be relied upon if the PO needed to return the mail to the sender), it can be used as the main address. You get mail addressed to "Current Resident," don't you? 

• Options
    I bought one for $40 off etsy and it's been such an amazing purchase- so easy to she and it looks great
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies!  This just made sending out my invitations so much easier!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards