Honeymoon Discussions

Disney World Honeymoon

Wedding is just a few weeks and counting and I am so excited... Just wanted to ask if there were any brides who recently honeymooned in Disney and had any recommendations??
I haven't been since the 4th grade, and I understand a lot has changed since 1997. Please any romantic spots that may not be frequented by children as much (not that I don't love kids, or expect there to be no kids in a family vacation hot spot...) I am hoping to have a few moments with my fiance that aren't loud places.

Thanks so much for the ideas.

Re: Disney World Honeymoon

• We did our honeymoon there a few years ago.  Epcot is considered to be a more "grownup" park.  We were there for the food and wine festival which takes place in the fall so I'm sure that led to there being a lot of grownups there as well.

Go to dinner in Downtown Disney later in the evening.  There will be less kids around, especially if you hit the fancier restaurants.  We went to The Dining Room at Wolfgang Puck Cafe and they asked if we were there celebrating anything.  We told them it was our honeymoon and they gave us free dessert.  

We also took a day and went to Universal.  We went to Emeril's for dinner that night.  They have multiple dinning rooms and it looked like they tried to seat people according to their party type.  For example the room we were in was adults and families with teenagers but no small kids.  It may have just been a coincidence but we were able to have a lovely intimate dinner there.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have never been there, but we are also going in June for our honeymoon! I'm so excited too! Just some tips of what we are planning that may not have as many kids around..
    -Not sure where you are staying, but there are carriage rides around Port Orleans Riverside you can book. I believe it is $45 for 1/2hour.
    -We booked the fireworks dessert party in fantasyland. I don't know if this would be kid free, but it sounds like it could be romantic.
    -Victoria & Albert's is an adult only restaurant..but very expensive.
    - Check out: http://disneyweddings.disney.go.com/honeymoons   lots of good honeymooning tips on there.
    -Don't forget to get your "just married" buttons!

Have a great time! :)
  • KD+ARKD+AR member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    Thanks! We are doing the Fireworks dessert too. I was so excited to hear that... they only allow 30 people in at a time, so it allows for optimum viewing with the fireworks! Thanks for the tips!
  • We are going to Disney World for our honeymoon as well! We will be there in two weeks. We are crazy excited. We have reservations for the steakhouse in Canada in Epcot. I heard its really good.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • KD+ARKD+AR member
    Le Cellier was on our list but it got cut to go to the California Grill the night we get there to watch the fireworks from the patio.
  • KD+AR said:
    Le Cellier was on our list but it got cut to go to the California Grill the night we get there to watch the fireworks from the patio.

I liked California Grill MUCH better than Le Cellier.  The view of the fireworks is great.  but I also don't eat steak, so I'm actually just comparing the chicken/vegetarian options.  The people I traveled with had steak at both, and thought they were both awesome. :-)
  • I am doing my honeymoon there as well. I can't wait. I have heard great things about the new Be Our Guest restaraunt.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am doing my honeymoon there as well. I can't wait. I have heard great things about the new Be Our Guest restaraunt.
    It's supposed to be crazy hard to get into for dinner.  You basically have to have a reservation.  Lunch is supposed to be easier.  

We are taking our son for his first trip in about a month.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    It's supposed to be crazy hard to get into for dinner.  You basically have to have a reservation.  Lunch is supposed to be easier.  

We are taking our son for his first trip in about a month.

--------------------------

For dinner you absolutely must make a reservation 180 days in advance, and call/book online at 12 noon when the reservations open. You might get lucky 178-179 days out for a weekday, but don't count on it. I've been there for lunch and dinner. Honestly, I thought having the experience at lunch was enough. The dinner food was good but not out of this world, especially for the price. Everything was way over salted. And the dessert is a bit disappointing-only mousse and cupcakes, which are the same as the ones available at lunch. Plus at lunch there are three rooms open (and you pick your own seats). At dinner it's only two rooms, and the one that is closed is my favorite!

At lunch time they are now working in a Fast Pass system, so you might be able to do that. But I've also just stood and line and waited-it took about an hour to get to the ordering stations.  Lunch fare is sandwiches and salads, dinner is French-influenced entrees. 
  • delujm0 said:
    KD+AR said:

I liked California Grill MUCH better than Le Cellier.  The view of the fireworks is great.  but I also don't eat steak, so I'm actually just comparing the chicken/vegetarian options.  The people I traveled with had steak at both, and thought they were both awesome. :-)
    Ditto on this. I don't understand the hype on Cellier. Their cheese soup is amazing-they have it at Food and Wine fest so I've had it before. Its great, but not enough to have an entire meal over. CG is great food all around and great views of fireworks. Much better idea than the fireworks desert party, read below.

I have never been there, but we are also going in June for our honeymoon! I'm so excited too! Just some tips of what we are planning that may not have as many kids around..
    -Not sure where you are staying, but there are carriage rides around Port Orleans Riverside you can book. I believe it is $45 for 1/2hour.
    -We booked the fireworks dessert party in fantasyland. I don't know if this would be kid free, but it sounds like it could be romantic.
    -Victoria & Albert's is an adult only restaurant..but very expensive.
    - Check out: http://disneyweddings.disney.go.com/honeymoons   lots of good honeymooning tips on there.
    -Don't forget to get your "just married" buttons!

Have a great time! :)
    The desert party is a far cry from romantic, just fyi. It's great for the viewing of fireworks, however. V&A I've had one of the the best meals of my life in (and I love food, eaten from Paris to NYC to LA and Rome) and is worth the $135 pp they charge. 

And Be Our Guest is definitely difficult to get in for dinner. They have awesome lunch for what it's worth though.

OP make sure to purchase your tickets ahead of time to make your FP+ reservations. I work at a hotel on disney property and previously worked for the Hard Rock Hotel on Universal property-PM me if you have any questions about the area. Word of advise: get a rental car and check out Winter Park!

imageimage

• KD+ARKD+AR member
    Winter Park or Blizzard Beach. I don't do water parks as I am a BIG girl... too self conscious. We are going to Down Town Disney for one nice meal too. 20 days away. We are so excited.  
  • We went to Le Cellier last night. It was delicious. We are big steak eaters and loved every bite. We had seen the fireworks the night before so we werent concerned with seeing them again.
  • KD+AR said:
    Winter Park or Blizzard Beach. I don't do water parks as I am a BIG girl... too self conscious. We are going to Down Town Disney for one nice meal too. 20 days away. We are so excited.  
    I don't really understand what this means... Blizzard Beach is a water park on Disney property and Winter Park is a town 30 minutes north on I-4 with great restaurants and shops.

imageimage

• We went to Le Cellier last night. It was delicious. We are big steak eaters and loved every bite. We had seen the fireworks the night before so we werent concerned with seeing them again.
    If money is no object I suggest the Bull & Bear at the Waldorf! AHHH MAZING

imageimage

• I will have to try that next time. We are thinking of joining the Disney Vacation club. Thanks for the tip!
  • KD+ARKD+AR member
    I thought Blizzard beach might have changed a name or something... I wasn't sure. I looked at pics though, its BEAUTIFUL! If we have time I would love to go.
  • First of all when is your honeymoon?  That will change what I would recommend you do depending on the crowds.  I have been to disneyworld many times most recently this past October and will be going back in 3 weeks for my sisters disneyworld wedding.  Here are some tips:
    1.Please pick up your "just married" buttons from you check-in desk and wear them in the parks. Some places give you free desserts and special treatment.
    2. Go to the California Grill-from ready PP it looks like you already have a reservation!
    3. I would purchase park hopper passes for the days you want to go in the park as most of the theme parks restaurants are not very romantic or good.  That being said i recommend these in park restuarants:
    -Magic Kingdom- Be Our Guest- advance reservations are a must, will be crowded and noisy
    -Hollywood Studios- none
    -Animal Kingdom-Yak and Yeti- (park closes at 7 so you can have dinner before you leave the park)
    -EPCOT-Tutto Italia, Le Chef's de France, 
    -Yacht and Beach Club- Yachtsman Steakhouse
    -Animal Kingdom Lodge- Jiko
    4.  I would indulge in a spa service at the Grand Floridian- book in advance
    5. The boardwalk has a piano bar/nightclub called Jellyrolls thats popular
    6. Visit the Animal Kingdom Lodge and Polynesian at night.
    7. Polynesian Luau can be nice during the off season where there is more likely to be less kids.
    8. Spend a lot of time in the World showcase going to through the gardens, shops and pavilions, and watch the sideshows, there are hidden treasures that are not likely to be crowded.
    9. Also guests of any disney hotel can park at any disney property for free.  Please use this perk to access the beaches of the polynesian and the grand floridian at night for the fireworks show in the Magic Kingdom @ 9 pm.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have a question, how are you guys going about booking your Disney honeymoon? I don't know if there is a better way to go about booking it, like say instead of booking just a typical family vacation? I've never booked a Disney trip before so I'm very new to this!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
  • I have a question, how are you guys going about booking your Disney honeymoon? I don't know if there is a better way to go about booking it, like say instead of booking just a typical family vacation? I've never booked a Disney trip before so I'm very new to this!
    I strongly suggest you go through a Disney only travel agent, such as Small World Vacations. You can definitely do it on your own, but they are experts who can constantly look for the best deal for you. I've done it on my own before, but I live less than 15 min from the parks and know what to look for and what I'm wanting to do. 

imageimage

• We just booked a hotel (I had stayed at some of their other properties) and rental car through expedia and booked the flight reservations through my frequent flyer account.  DH is in the military so we get really good deals on park tickets.  

We also planned our honeymoon very last minute.  We waited to see how much we spent on the wedding before we planned our trip.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards