Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Do I need an accomodations card?

So we are getting our pocket (on the back, not flip) invitations through Carlson and one thing that has me bugged is whether we need an accomodations card. The hotels we have reserved offered us cards with info on them already to include but they certainly are not close to the invitation look. Should I just buy an additional card for accomodations to complete the look? Or is it ok to just insert the hotel info cards without concern for tying it together?

Re: Do I need an accomodations card?

• Options
    That is not something I would spend additional money on if you can get them for free.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I would not stick something in that looks totally different. We didn't do an accommodations card. You are ok without one. We did, however, have a card directing people to our website.
  • Options
    Psssh my hotel gave us basic accommodations cards, and I threw those suckers in our invites. No one will care that the hotel card doesn't match the invitations.
  • Options
    Our hotel gave us really basic accommodations cards to put with our invitations and STDates. Even though they wouldn't have matched the rest of our stationery, we were going to include them - until we saw that they were poorly printed (the ink jet printer was very streaky so some of the information was illegible). I just recreated what they sent us in Word, printed it on cardstock, cut it to size, and put those suckers in the envelope. The fonts and print color were different, but honestly, I don't think anyone cared.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    We didn't have an accommodations card.  The guests who were coming in from OOT were my parents friends so my parents just booked their rooms for them at the hotel we were all staying at.  All my other guests were local and knew the area (and were at the most 45 minutes away from our venue) so if they wanted to book a hotel room they knew what was around but most didn't because they just went home.

As for including cards that are provided by your hotel and don't match your invites.  Honestly, no one will notice nor care that they don't match.  They will only care about the information provided.  So since they are free I would include them.

• Options
    I'm going to use Vistaprint to print postcards with an art print that matches the invitations that also has our website on it, and the accomodations and other information will be on the website.  I'm not in love with Vistaprint but going this route is going to be a cheap/easy way for me to still have it somewhat matching and looking good.  Grandma and anyone else who doesn't know how to look at websites (if there is anyone else) can just call me.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards