Wedding Reception Forum

Photo Booth Sign

Our first photo was taken in a photo booth, so of course we will be having a photo booth at our reception. I'm trying to come up with something to put on a sign with a copy of our first picture(s). I'm not liking the "step right up", "strike a pose", anything about a moustache, or about props (I don't want people to feel like they HAVE to use props if they don't want to). I do like anything with making memories. I want it to be cute not plain and mention that it was our first picture together. Please help me if you can! Thanks, Natalie

Re: Photo Booth Sign

• Do you even really need a sign? Photobooths are pretty self explanatory. 
  • Do you even really need a sign? Photobooths are pretty self explanatory. 

This. Not everything needs a cute sign/ poem.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Soon, people will be putting cute signs to tell us where the bathrooms are.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • OP, I get that you want to include your pics and tell everyone they were your first pics, but the cute sign for everything is so overdone. Just put the pics and "Our first pics together!" Or something simple w/o overthinking it.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Maybe frame that first photobooth picture that you and your FI took together, and have a little sign on bright paper next to it that says "our first photo together!" or something like that? I couldn't picture anything more clear than that.
  • I'm having a photo booth too.  Mine will print out 2 strips, one for the guests to keep and one to put in a book where they will glue down the photo on a page and write a message/advice/etc. (This is a gift from my aunt and uncle who own the photo booth)  We will have a sign explaining this.  If yours is something similar, maybe just display the picture (in a frame like mentioned before would be nice) with a note saying it was your first photo together, and then "Please take one of your own for the Bride and Groom's advice book" (guest book/message book/whatever)  My Aunt and Uncle said they and my cousin would do a page early to kind of give an example of what we wanted in the book.

If it's not like that, then I agree with just having your first photo displayed (I'm imagining it printed larger and attached to the actual photo booth itself) with "Our first photo!" on it.
  • AddieCake said:
    Soon, people will be putting cute signs to tell us where the bathrooms are.
    "If you've had too much cake and tea,
    Sit in here and have a wee!"

"But if you sprinkle when you tinkle,
    Please be sweet and wipe the seat!"

• You don't need a "cute" sign for everything.  And those "cute" signs just often aren't "cute."
  • My FI and are are probably doing a photobooth also, we didn't think about putting up a sign since we figure it's sorta self-explanatory. Especially if you're putting up your first pics together...and if your attendent(s) are good at working a crowd, when people come by to look at the pics you put up he/she will be there to get them to take their own pics to add to your collection if they choose. :)
  • Photo booths are pretty self explanatory. . . just like bars and restrooms.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• wrigleyvillewrigleyville member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited September 2014
    I have removed a post about photo frames. Advertising is against the Terms of Service.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards