Chit Chat

Anyone else need to whine?

2»

Re: Anyone else need to whine?

• I'm going to join the complaining bandwagon especially about the temperature change.  I don't think we're going to get snow here though. 

Also my ticker freaks me out and I feel like I have so much to get done.

Anniversary

• Anyone else need to whine wine?
    Fixed that for you. ;-)

70+ degrees over the weekend... 3 inches of snow this morning. Dang clients are contradicting themselves with when they're available to meet about new reporting, so I have no idea if or when I have to go downtown for meetings (giant PITA). And I attempted to try on dresses for my step-sister's wedding last night and felt disgustingly gigantic. At least Forrest Gump is on AMC all week.

ITB: I definitely need to wine ;D

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I've had different family members and in-laws over to stay for the past three weekends and this weekend too. I love my family and my FH's family but I need a weekend off. This past weekend my FFIL's girlfriend dragged us through this military museum for two hours which just made me super depressed.

My job drives me bonkers but they keep sending bills to my house so I have to stay until I find something else.

There are raccoons and possums and mice and roaches and God knows what else living under my house and my landlady doesn't care. Last night it sounded like they were rattling every pipe under there.

I have ALL THE ZITS.
  • We have to do our professional pictures at work today (group photos, thankfully, not headshots), but I look like death. And I have an untamable cowlick. Grr.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• abbyj700 said:
    I have to say I love this thread. Not just because of the support I got - but ladies - it's so nice to see we all face these problems - taxes, medical bills, MILs, debts, jobs, bosses, landlords, school, zits etc (aka lack of wine) - and feel like someone else is listening. Thank you OP.
    @abbyj700- you're definitely not alone! Plus, sometimes it's wonderful to be able to whine to people who don't really know us.

And I have the world's largest zip right in that dimply-place right below my lip. It's so glaringly horrible that it can't be covered successfully. I'm 35 freaking years old- I shouldn't be getting these anymore!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I put 5lbs on over the weekend

The fucking weather, and nearly dying trying to merge on the highway this morning because of the weather

We got new shit in at work, so instead of chilling and finishing shower thank you cards like I planned, I'm doing an impromptu floor move. Oh and I have no underwear on cause all my comfy ones were dirty and I put on an old pair from some shitty juniors chain, so I had a perma wedgie goimg on for like two hours before I chucked them in the trash.

And I just finished a slice of pizza and I'm still hungry.

Anniversary
  • 1) Our not-even-2-month old car has some cosmetic issues.  Yesterday I had to drive almost 2 hours one-way to the dealership to get fixed.  They gave us a loaner car.  I've called 3 times today to ask on the status.   No one is getting back to me.   I'm not in the mood to drive 2 hours one-way to find out it's not ready.

2)  DH's BFF was to come on Thursday to spend Easter with us.  He cancelled today because he is too busy at work to get away.   

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I'm whiney this morning... I finished my taxes last night (I know, I'm behind!) and found I previously miscalculated how much I need to pay (self-employed). Not in a fun way. My allergies are messing with me. There's snow and ice- and I had a beautiful sunny weekend. I just got asked to bring dessert for 19 on Friday- and I didn't think to say no fast enough. I'm working Friday so this will be interesting. I'm on the train to work and just noticed that my future stepson dug into the lunch I packed- instead of a container of leftover rice, sautéed veggies, and a chunk of an awesome skirt steak, I have a bunch of veggies and a bite or two of rice. Ready to murder him. We have Passover with my family tonight- our second of the year to accommodate family. It's my favorite holiday but I'm tired! Anyone else need to whine?
    I'd be buying a 24 pack of cupcakes from the grocery store and calling it a day.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm going to whine about the weather too. It snowed this morning. Snowed! It was in the high 70s yesterday and today it is freezing and snowy. Seriously nature wtf?
  • chibiyui said:
    I put 5lbs on over the weekend The fucking weather, and nearly dying trying to merge on the highway this morning because of the weather We got new shit in at work, so instead of chilling and finishing shower thank you cards like I planned, I'm doing an impromptu floor move. Oh and I have no underwear on cause all my comfy ones were dirty and I put on an old pair from some shitty juniors chain, so I had a perma wedgie goimg on for like two hours before I chucked them in the trash. And I just finished a slice of pizza and I'm still hungry.
    This legit made me LOL. Thank you for that. :)

• It's exam week with major final assignments due everyday and I've been scheduled to work every day this week instead of my usual 3 or 4.
     I asked FI to stop for groceries on his way home since I was stuck in traffic on the other side of town but he didn't see the need for it. I got groceries instead. Asked him to make dinner since I was busy studying and he obliged, but interrupted me every 2 mins to ask questions. The instructions are on the bag. I finally got up and just finished making it myself, since it was quicker. He's now watching tv while I'm procrastinating because my brain has rebelled. Love him dearly, but grrrrr. 

Wine goes well with macroeconomics, right?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had to wear my winter coat, scarf, hat, and gloves out at recess duty today. On Sunday afternoon, I was sitting in the front yard, wearing shorts and reading in the sunshine.

My house is a mess. I have a major headache. My allergies are making me miserable, and the only medicine that makes them feel better makes me drowsy. And I'm already exhausted from going to school an extra hour every day--spending 8:00-4:30 every school day for the last 2 months with an extremely needy group of 8 and 9 year olds totally kicked my butt! But thankfully, today was our last day of that. I hope I never meet whoever thought that this was a good plan to deal with a once-in-a-generation winter...

(And, I get to see my fiance tomorrow! This is our first really long stetch, after seeing each other every weekend for the last three months, so it's been hard adjusting back to that.)
  • FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    Fun fact:

At least in MN, as long as you are paying SOMETHING on your medical bill and you aren't late, it can't default. It can only hurt your credit if you aren't paying at all. So I had some bills I was paying like $10/month on and then when I had some money laying around I paid it off to get it out of my hair. So you might want to look into that @abbyj700. Although it doesn't sound like that's the case in all states so be careful. 

I am really tired from not sleeping well the other night and I have a test tomorrow in A&P I'm not well prepared for. It's over at least 4 chapters but my prof was gone for a week so he only lectured twice and we are supposed to know it as well as though he's been here lecturing the whole time. Ughhhh. 

Also it's April 15th and it was 1 degree F this morning. GODDAMMIT WINTER GO AWAY. It did get into the 50s for a few days but then crashed right back down with no sign of letting up.
  • lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    So we drove 2 hours ONE-WAY to get our car back only to find out they didn't everything they were to do AND what they did so was not to our satisfaction.

So we drove 2 hours back home in the loaner car.    DH is so mad he gave himself a panic attack.

Then we got home and DH went turn on the oven and it doesn't work.  I called the landlord who got pissed at me that she just gave back the security deposit to the old tenants.   Getting all mad at me because we didn't tell her sooner.   It was the first time we used the oven.  This was our first time using the oven.  We just don't use ovens often.  When we do, we use the toaster oven because we are using small amounts.  No need to waste gas on a small amount.

Anyway, come to find out she says we are responsible for repairs and that is why she is mad that she gave the deposit back.   Umm, I'm all for fixing things we actually break.  But this oven is 10+ years old.  I'm willing to bet this oven isn't working due to age and from normal wear and tear, not something they or we did.   Appliances (especially these days) do not last for ever.

GRR

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I need to whine.

Tam Tams I brought to work reeked of plastic, so I couldn't eat them. Then, I dropped my computer and it wouldn't boot. Then I had to do a poster session for 3 hours. The free lunch for poster presenters was a sandwich, a cookie, and apple, and a variety of different sodas, which meant I had an apple for lunch. Then I had my committee meeting, which was thoroughly unenjoyable. Then I had to walk in the wind and rain to the Apple Store, past a Marathon memorial and the firehouse where two firefighters just died. Apple Store was a bust; they sent me back across town to a repair place.

Repair place finds that my hard drive, which I haven't backed up in 9 months, is pretty much destroyed. I am paying $600+ to have the data recovered (if they can recover it). I also gave in and purchased a new computer. And, of course, the MacBook Pro chargers are not compatible with MacBook Airs, so the $80 I spent on a new charger last month was a huge waste of money.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Everything is falling apart, work, the vendors... I'm walking Murphy's Law right now. Currently whining most about the fact that some lazy new girl is getting credit for all the work I'm doing, and I'm stuck with her and our enamored boss for another 24 hours out of the state. And what is more- where we are at right now is where my FI and I used to always vacation. So I'm having this super awful trip while missing my FI at every turn we make.
  • abbyj700abbyj700 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2014
    First moment ever I'm happy we're not married. FI went into the hospital yesterday to discuss financial aid. They had him apply for medicaid, which is retroactive for like 3 moths. Meaning he would pay NOTHING of the huge bill we just got. Even if he doesn't get approved - the hospital has agreed that since the bill is more than half of what he makes in a year it would cause him "undo hardship" so it would be cut to almost nothing and put on a payment plan with no interest.

Giant sigh of relief. 

Edited because words are hard.
  • 1) One of my friends from back home broke up with her BF which means she wants to come visit me. (The only time she wants to come see me is after a breakup, and I stupidly said yes.)

2) Friend owes me $360 and has decided that she doesn't want to work for "the man" anymore, wants to go travel and be free, which means I can say goodbye to that money.

3) Taxes owed took my entire paycheck, that included 30 hours of OT, and was going to finish my savings for FI wedding ring.

4) My boss didn't give me a raise because it was her first time reviewing anyone and she didn't feel comfortable doing so on her first review ever, even though I got 4 out of 4 on most things.

@abbyj700 - glad to hear your good news, it made me feel better about my whines! It's nice to hear when things work out for people.  :)
  • arrippaarrippa member
    edited April 2014

FI and I went out to dinner last night. I had one beer and half a glass of wine. Today, I woke up with the worst headache. I am too old for this!

While walking home last night from the restaurant, there was a bomb scare so they closed the street and subway. We had to walk an extra three blocks in the pouring rain to get to our subway line. I was soaked and my feet were aching.

I am just trying to make it through work today but I am suppose to meet a friend for margaritas tonight. I am so tired that all I want to do it go home and go to bed but my friend is the type that is you cancel, she takes it personally.

• phiraphira member
    @moemacWed30594 When you say "bomb scare," you totally meant "art," right?
    Anniversary
  • phira said:

You mean I have a blister and ruined my shoes for art?

It was terrible. We went to Forum on Boylston St (fundraiser for the One Fund) and would have hopped on the green line at Copley to transfer to the red line. But since they closed Boylston St.and stopped the green line from running, we had to walk to Park St. There were no available cabs anywhere. That's probably why I woke up with a headache.

• My car is less than 2 years old and leaased. The brakes are squeeking. So now I had to spend a ton of money on a car I will only have for another year.

I am taking Friday off work.... to run errands. Not doing anything fun. What a waste of a vacation day.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • phiraphira member
    phira said:

You mean I have a blister and ruined my shoes for art?

It was terrible. We went to Forum on Boylston St (fundraiser for the One Fund) and would have hopped on the green line at Copley to transfer to the red line. But since they closed Boylston St.and stopped the green line from running, we had to walk to Park St. There were no available cabs anywhere. That's probably why I woke up with a headache.

That is such a clusterfuck! I really feel like it's one thing to close stops, but shutting down the T is just such a bad idea.

Obviously, I'm saying that knowing that the backpack didn't have a bomb in it, but still.
    Anniversary
  • FI had his phone interview today and it went okay but he doesn't think it's a good fit. They seem very militant and snooty. He keeps saying its like Dead Poets Society, which I haven't seen, but there you go. Bleh I really wanted that to work out. We are in limbo right now and it sucks. We will be just fine if he doesn't have a job lined up but he keeps stressing over it. 
  • I forgot my lunch, went to buy lunch and discovered I'd forgotten my card, went to buy pizza online because they have the info, and forgot I cancelled the card it was under.

Now I am hungry and cranky. :[
    Where are you, I'll totally send you Jimmy John's!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards