April 2014 Weddings

April weather

Sunday I was slathering myself with suntan lotion to avoid funky tan lines for my wedding pictures.  Today we have snow.  We all realize we picked the most unpredictable weather month for getting married, right?

Re: April weather

  • I've been checking Accuweather which has an extended forecast. Looks like sunny & pretty so far! (April 26 in NC)
  • I'm getting married in Northern California, we haven't had actual rain for like months so my April 25th date should be safe right? Nope the only day it is going to rain is April 25th. I know I shouldn't freak out until the week of but come on
  • amm88amm88
    Third Anniversary 10 Comments Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    member
    I checked Accuweather (thanks for the tip aefowler!) and it is sunny and cooler- 67 in our area. 67 is my favorite spring temperature! Absolutely perfect! I just hope it doesn't change :)

    Anniversary

  • Ehhhh well weather is always unpredictable!! I keep looking at the weather in my area and it's been saying around 62 or 63. But it keeps changing between rainy, cloudy, and sunny. I can only hope it's sunny!!

    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 5 days before our wedding (April 5), the forecast was 58 and rain.  It was 75 and sunny without a cloud to be seen for our wedding in Virginia.  Don't let the weather forecasts get you down.  It's one thing you cannot control or change about your wedding.  It will be a beautiful day rain or shine.
    karlipregler
  • amm88amm88
    Third Anniversary 10 Comments Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    member
    How did your wedding go Newborndoc2008? You should write a recap of your day and let us know.

    Anniversary

  • I have been quite nervous as I live in Michigan and it's one of the places that snowed Wednesday, but the ten day forcast is looking lovely at the moment. I told myself when we picked this month that I wasn't going to stress about the weather, but now that it's so close it's hard not to want everything to be perfect.
    image
  • cms519cms519
    Knottie Warrior 25 Love Its 10 Comments Name Dropper
    member
    edited April 2014
    Extended forecast is saying 80 and sunny for my wedding day. Yesterday, it was saying 78 and thunderstorms. Hard to know when we're still 9 days out. If it's going to be 80 though, I'm even happier that we said no to an outdoor ceremony! I'd be a sweaty mess.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm 2 days away and it's saying 80% chance of rain. It was only 20% a couple days ago. Not looking good for my outdoor wedding! I have a backup plan but it kinda sucks.

     

    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're getting married in So Cal, so weather is pretty safe. But Sunday is now showing a 30% chance of rain and the temperature for Saturday has dropped one degree since when I checked yesterday. I know that CA really needs the rain... but please, just not on Saturday! A lot can change in a few days, so I'm not worried... yet. 
    image
    jphil0790
  • I was looking at the 10 day forecast the moment I could for our April 12 wedding. We got married I. Western pa. Forecast would change daily from almost 70 and sunny to 52 and raining. On Friday the 11th, it rained. On Saturday, day of wedding, so sunny and 70 and gorgeous. On Tuesday, snow. Haha. Crazy weather!!
    Vivandiere8
  • It was originally going to be 79 degrees and 60% chance of rain on friday. Not its at 67 and 30% chance of rain. That rain of course supposed to be in the evening. Thank goodness for indoor venues.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • As of today I am 4 days out and it is supposed to rain all week :( Good news: forecast for Friday is cooler with and I quote "little rain". WTH is little rain.......
  • hannahj0 said:

    I was looking at the 10 day forecast the moment I could for our April 12 wedding. We got married I. Western pa. Forecast would change daily from almost 70 and sunny to 52 and raining. On Friday the 11th, it rained. On Saturday, day of wedding, so sunny and 70 and gorgeous. On Tuesday, snow. Haha. Crazy weather!!

    I live in eastern pa, and also got married on the 12th! The weather before and after the 12th was all over the place, we really lucked out!!
  • Weather update. Clouds hit the mountains last night while we did our rehearsal for our outdoor garden ceremony. But the garden was the most beautiful I had ever seen it. All the flowers were in bloom and the perfume was intoxicating.

    It began to rain around 8 PM and continued through the night. Weather.com, weather underground and Android all said today would be clear... But Apple disagreed. I was somehow not too worried about it all. Rain in CA is hard to predict and it doesn't tend to last long.

    Woke up today to beautiful blue skies and white puffy clouds. It will be chilly tonight, but sunny. And I am so glad I have an inside reception!
    image
  • Up until my wedding, and even the day of, it said rain. There ended up being a huge break in the clouds a few hours before the ceremony, and then for the ceremony the clouds had come in again but there was still some sun, and it was perfect! We got all of our pictures done outside and when we were nearing the end of them, it started pouring. Perfect timing!

    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • As expected it rained on my wedding day :( we were able to do the first look outside but then it started pouring so the rest of the photos had to be done inside (Yuck) but after dinner the clouds broke into the most amazing sunset so I was lucky to get a few of those photos :) 
  • It rained at the very end of the wedding so it was pouring when guests were loading into their cars. It also rained in Disney everyday we were on our honeymoon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards