Snarky Brides
Options

Celebrity sightings - Manhattan

2»

Re: Celebrity sightings - Manhattan

• Options
    missax said:
    Of all the times I've been to NYC i've never had a celebrity sighting. I have had some while living in Pittsburgh though. We were walking our dog in our neighborhood and stumbled upon the filming of Love and Other Drugs and watched Anne Hathaway & Jake Gyllanhaal film a scene until our dog started barking and we got the evil eyes from everyone. haha Also I worked in downtown Pitt and walked by the filming of The Dark Night Rises a few time and saw Christian Bale, Anne Hathaway, & Tom Hardy.

ETA- We also saw the entire Arsenal Football Club in an airport. My husband is a huge soccer fan and was so excited.
    Yay Pittsburgh!  I lived there for a few years.  Jeff Reed (former Steelers kicker) was my neighbor.  He and his douchebag friends threw loud rowdy parties quite often.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    When I was visiting NYC years and years ago, I saw the Backstreet Boys walking into the MTV studio.  I also saw LFO and Aaron Carter waiting for the Macy's Day Parade. Then I ran into Jessica Simpson waiting for an elevator at the hotel.

While in Nashville, TN I ran into Weird Al walking down the street, and also Hanson coming out of the venue they were doing a sound check at.

In Indianapolis I saw Mark Curry (Hanging with Mr. Cooper, anybody?) at a Pacer's game. Wee-Man from Jackass ran into me at a concert once...like literally ran in to me. He was on a BMX bike, I apparently was in his way. I also saw Kareem Abdul Jabbar at a mall downtown.
    Anniversary

• Options
    At Stanford we saw Seal ordering coffee and got a picture with him. He was nice. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I met Mike Babcock twice. That's it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    jdluvr06 said:

I met Peter Frampton at the airport. That was cool. I met George and Rosemary Clooney too. That is actually a neat story. My mom's BFF lives in the town the Clooneys are from. So we were down there visiting and we're walking around and we were going down the street Rosemary's house was on and Nick (George's dad) was helping Rosemary into the house while George carried groceries in. We talked to Nick and Rosemary for a few minutes, they were really friendly and George said hi and they took a picture with us. It was cool.

My mom and Peter's ex wife are friends and we used to stay with them when we went to visit my dad in Nashville. He was always really nice and let me watch him in his studio they had at the house.
  • Options
    Met and stayed at Peter Frampton's house when I was little, my mom and his then wife are really good friends. I met Amy Grant and some other bands when they were at riverbend in Cincinnati but I was young and don't remember all of them, my mom was a promotor for a radio a station so we had to go to a lot of shows. We met Michael McDonald in Nashville, I met the guys from an old Christian band called Plus One when I was in high school, when I worked at Johnny Rockets I met some different Bengals players and had one of their sons in my class when I worked at a local daycare.
  • Options
    Met and stayed at Peter Frampton's house when I was little, my mom and his then wife are really good friends. I met Amy Grant and some other bands when they were at riverbend in Cincinnati but I was young and don't remember all of them, my mom was a promotor for a radio a station so we had to go to a lot of shows. We met Michael McDonald in Nashville, I met the guys from an old Christian band called Plus One when I was in high school, when I worked at Johnny Rockets I met some different Bengals players and had one of their sons in my class when I worked at a local daycare.

I've met several Bengals players too. I just didn't consider them celebrities lol (obviously not a football fan here). I met Chris Henry about three months before he died. For all the trouble he was on when he was alive he seemed like a nice enough dude.
  • Options
    I live in Las Vegas and always read on TMZ and such about celebrities who were here... and I never see anybody. Granted I don't frequent the strip but when I am on the strip on weekends, I never see anyone famous. Or maybe they just don't look that extraordinary so I don't notice them.

My mom had Ice T and Coco come in to her store (she manages a store in the Venetian)... I've seen Holly Madison driving around. Flavor Flav is always at the UNLV basketball games, or at the 7-11 with no shoes on, wearing his stupid clock... he's always nice to see haha

My dad ran in to Mike Tyson in the men's room at a hotel spa. We see a lot of former NFL players, which my dad recognizes because he played too... but otherwise I wouldn't know who they are.

I'm jealous of all these celebrity sightings!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    it's been fun reading through these, thanks for sharing
  • Options
    I thought of this thread today.  Ann Curry was seated next to me at lunch!  And last week I saw Cara Delevigne at the same restaurant where we were having our photographer meeting.  I feel like a real New Yorker (although I haven't killed a cockroach with my hand yet or stolen a cab...)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    I went to have drinks with my friend last week at a restaurant in Murray Hill and Gabourey Sidibe (Precious) went in to have dinner. Apparently it was her birthday that night ( I googled her as I was in the restaurant lol.)

Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    When I was about 18 or 19, back in the early '80s, I was visiting a friend in New York. We were dancing in the street together, and Mikhail Baryshnikov walked by and smiled at us. I can say that I danced for Baryshnikov and mean it... even if I was just a slightly drunk teenage girl twirling randomly on the sidewalk. :)

About ten years ago I was in Virginia having brunch. Robert Duvall glared at my children, who were fighting.
  • Options
    About ten years ago I was in Virginia having brunch. Robert Duvall glared at my children, who were fighting.
    Say it ain't so!! I have the biggest old man crush on Robert Duvall and I must, must, MUST believe that he *is* his character, Augustus McCrae (you know, the kindest, wittiest, most selfless man to ever exist).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Oh trust me, Robert Duvall was right to glare. They were being monsters.
  • Options
    I was in the city on Saturday Ryan Gosling walked right past me, swoon.....

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards