Wedding Reception Forum

Appy Couple Reviews Plz :)

chicky1988chicky1988 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
edited April 2014 in Wedding Reception Forum
Has anyone used (either as a bride or a guest) the app Appy Couple?  It's a 2 in 1 wedding app and website.  Just curious if you thought it was worth the $35 one time fee.  My guests and wedding party are all spread out all over, so thought it may be a good option to keep everyone up to date.  TIA!

http://www.appycouple.com/demo

*I didn't know where it "fit" within the board categories so I chose this one.  If you think I should move it, just let me know!  

Re: Appy Couple Reviews Plz :)

• vsgalvsgal member
    For me, I think anytime you pay for a service that you can get for free is crazy.  Email will do exactly what you are trying to do.  A free website generator like Weebly will also push out information that you need to get out. 
    ROCK IS KING!!
  • So, wait. Does each guest also need to buy this app? And it's freaking 35 bucks? I cannot say 'hell no' strongly enough. And even if this were free to guests, I would think a couple was incredibly stuck-up and full of themselves if they sent me a link to download an app just for their wedding. Ugh.
  • chicky1988chicky1988 member
    edited April 2014

So, wait. Does each guest also need to buy this app? And it's freaking 35 bucks? I cannot say 'hell no' strongly enough. And even if this were free to guests, I would think a couple was incredibly stuck-up and full of themselves if they sent me a link to download an app just for their wedding. Ugh.
    Of course the guests don't have to pay $35 to purchase an app that would be awful.  The couple pays the 35, I'm sure for licensing agrements & such.  

I would never have thought "stuck-up" associated with a couple who sent me a wedding app...  And as a guest to many weddings I think it would have been nice to have on hand and connected directly to my GPS and such.  Which is why I asked the question.
  • I liked the idea because you could have everything about the wedding right on your phone from time tables, directions, and accommodation information.  I actually thought it would be quite thoughtful since many of our guests will be from out of town (you can even put area attractions on there). Those who prefer to use websites still have that option and the couple doesn't have to double the work.
  • Just send out an email with the info.  As a guest, I'm not downloading an app for your wedding.  Remember, no one cares as much about your wedding as you do.  
  • @chicky1988 i have it, love it and so do my guests! We are having a destination wedding. Guests can chat with one another while on the app and its also a photo sharing app. People already do this with other apps and instagram. Its no big deal and it isnt "stuck up" as someone else said. Plenty of people have wedding websites and no one is calling that stuck up. This is no different, just a more modern concept. Its worth the money (btw, there are plenty of coupons online) for appycouple. We paid 20.
  • Third party apps are the best way to install malware on your phone. I do not download an app unless I know and trust it. There is no way I would download this on my phone.

And I echo the above sentiment about being a little self-absorbed. I would certainly not having an app on my phone dedicated to another person's wedding.  Everyone with a smart phone already has an app that gives directions (google maps), registry information/wedding website (web browser) and info messaging (email/text). 

Your guests are adults, you just need to send them an invitation and address. 

• Hey, you asked for opinions. That's mine. I do not need an app to attend your wedding. I need the date, the time, and the address, which are in the invitation. I can find a registry easily enough and if I need a hint I can ask the couple or someone close to them.
  • Thanks everyone for your opinions! 
  • @chicky1988 i have it, love it and so do my guests! We are having a destination wedding. Guests can chat with one another while on the app and its also a photo sharing app. People already do this with other apps and instagram. Its no big deal and it isnt "stuck up" as someone else said. Plenty of people have wedding websites and no one is calling that stuck up. This is no different, just a more modern concept. Its worth the money (btw, there are plenty of coupons online) for appycouple. We paid 20.
    Thanks fro the review and the idea for the coupon Rosebubbly!  Can you tell me, was it easy to use and set up?
  • We are using Appy Couple and I LOVE it.  It's the same as a wedding website, but formatted for phones.  We're having a destination wedding and over half our guests have logged into the app already.  Apparently they didn't mind downloading an app.  Btw, it's just one app download for any wedding app on Appy, so a lot of guests had it already.  I hope that helps!
  • Sounds a lot like the app called 

Wedding Party 

Except I think it's free . . . don't quote me on that .
  • I LOVE the idea of a website/app combo, especially for last-minute updates, changes, fun messaging, etc. It could just be my peer group -- VERY "plugged in" and big-time users of social media. Plus, because the app comes through the iTunes store, I don't think anyone would have anything to fear installing it. It's a definite for me!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wedding party is only on ipad/iphone.

i have been eyeing appy couple and love the format, etc. i certainly don't think that it is stuck up and i am planning on using it for my wedding. we are having a destination wedding and i think it's a great idea for people to use on the go!

• We just set up an Appy Couple website and I'm very happy with it so far.  The designs were the deciding factor for me.  I think the look is much more sophisticated than the free templates I was finding elsewhere.

Guests do not need to download the app at all.  They can access all the info on the website from their smartphone if they want, just like any other website.

Other features I like: various levels of privacy on the site; ability to have it all or only partly password protected.  You can create pages for pre-wedding events, and those pages are only visible to the guests who are invited to that event.  If they aren't invited, the page just doesn't exist for them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• We decided to go with Appy Couple for our wedding website and so far I love it. Our guests have been raving about it as well, both the site and the app. I really love how we set privacy for different events, and have all the RSVPs for the events (bachelor/bachelorette parties, showers, etc) done in 1 tool.

My tip is to register for the site and then wait a week or 2 before you pay - they will send you a discount code which brings the cost down a bit.
  • I'm thinking about using Appy Couple too. I love their designs the best and I don't see how having an app is any different than having a website.

@Jubilance1922 thanks for the tip! I signed up tonight but I'm going to wait to put in my payment info. I also found some other coupon codes just by googling. 
  • Not sure if you still are looking for advice on it, but I have been super indecisive about my wedding apps/programs, so I have used several in the short time I have been engaged. So far this has the best of everything. Sure, there are programs you can get for free that do some of the same things, but this really has been splendid across the board! The web interface is lovely, as is the app. And guests can either take photos in-app to share with you or upload them separately online! It's great!
  • I am using Appy Couple for our wedding. I saw some positive reviews online and have had a lot of people tell me they didn't like other free wedding website services. To echo a lot of the other posters, no, the guests do not have to pay for the app, and no, they do not have to download the app to get to the website. They can use a regular browser.

I tend to lose invitations and then struggle to find the couple's wedding website the day-off to remember what time the ceremony starts, and then repeat that step about 10 times to make sure I have the time right. I liked the idea of having access to an app as a guest for that reason. 

Of course some people will download the app and some will not. I suspect the person who will enjoy the app the most will actually be my 87 year old grandmother, who likes to use her iPad to look at websites. Having all our wedding information on one app as opposed to having to find our wedding website will be very convenient for her. 
  • Thanks ladies!! We decided to purchase Appy Couple and LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!  The hardest part was choosing which design to use but I like that we can change it up whenever we want, I don't plan to do so bc that would be confusing for guests, but its always nice to have the option.  So far our guests LOVE it too!  And its been so helpful being able to update both the app and website at once!  
  • Hey Guys,

Loving all the feedback. I've been debating between appy couple and wedsite. Does appy couple allow you to put music on the website? 

• dove9802 said:

Hey Guys,

Loving all the feedback. I've been debating between appy couple and wedsite. Does appy couple allow you to put music on the website? 

You could ask the customer service folks, but I haven't seen a music option on my website. Honestly, I hate it when wedding (or other websites) have music that starts blaring when you get to the page. 
  • Im so happy you posted this because I was thinking of getting this as well; however, Im shocked with some of these comments. first off sending out an email with wedding info is trashy and you want to call someone you finds a classy organized way of doing is stuck up? lol also, if the person has the choice of downloading the app, this is also a website which everyone on here fails to see. If the guest doesn't want to download it they don't HAVE to. Also, if that guest doesn't care about your wedding as much as you do, they shouldn't be going. It is a day to celebrate your love and if anyone doesn't care about it they need to decline their invite so money is not wasted on them. 
  • samary88 said:
    Im so happy you posted this because I was thinking of getting this as well; however, Im shocked with some of these comments. first off sending out an email with wedding info is trashy and you want to call someone you finds a classy organized way of doing is stuck up? lol also, if the person has the choice of downloading the app, this is also a website which everyone on here fails to see. If the guest doesn't want to download it they don't HAVE to. Also, if that guest doesn't care about your wedding as much as you do, they shouldn't be going. It is a day to celebrate your love and if anyone doesn't care about it they need to decline their invite so money is not wasted on them. 
    This was difficult to understand. I agree with your first point that having an app isn't being "stuck up". I disagree with your last point that everyone should care as much as the bride and groom. And to the bolded- No.
  • wrigleyvillewrigleyville member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 2014
    It doesn't matter how much I love someone and how much I'm looking forward to their wedding. I still don't care about their wedding as much as the bride and groom do. It's one of the biggest days of their lives, not mine. It doesn't mean I don't care at all.
  • Well, I don't think they stream music, but they allow an iTunes playist.  Now sure how that works as far as the website goes....so I sent customer support an email about music, and I'm waiting on their response.  
  • Thanks for the advice!  I've been going back and forth over this website, but your feedback was the deciding factor!  I had questions about the privacy settings as well.  Customer support just responded to my email on streaming music.  Wishing you well on your wedding.
  • For those who have used Appy Couple, do guests have to reenter the password every time they access the app, or once you're in, you're in kind of thing? I'm just wondering because thinking in the mind of the guest, that would be the only frustrating part to me is remembering the pin to enter.
  • For those who have used Appy Couple, do guests have to reenter the password every time they access the app, or once you're in, you're in kind of thing? I'm just wondering because thinking in the mind of the guest, that would be the only frustrating part to me is remembering the pin to enter.
    I'm pretty sure it remembers you once you access it, at least on the same computer.  I don't have to log into my own website every time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards