West Virginia

Vendor Reviews From My Wedding

Hi everyone! I know there aren't a lot of reviews on the West Virginia board, which was frustrating for me during my planning, so I wanted to let everyone know who I would recommend and who I would stay away from.

Venue - We looked at The Blennerhasset, Lakeview Resort, and Stonewall Resort. Stonewall had the nicest ballroom, and we liked the lobby for the ceremony, so we ended up going with them, even though they were the most expensive. It was a little bit frustrating because the coordinators we met with initially left, so we ended up having to basically go through everything again with the new staff. In the end, everyone loved our venue and told us how nice the resort was. The food was also very good, especially the appetizers. I would recommend Stonewall.

Photographer - Rebecca Devono is amazing! We loved our engagement photos, and she is so fun to work with. I can't wait to see our wedding photos, and I highly recommend her.

Cake - We ended up finding Jeanie Jackson on the Stonewall Resort vendor list. I couldn't find any reviews for her, but we ended up going with her anyway. This was an excellent decision! She is very sweet, reasonably priced, and I loved our cake. It looked amazing, and everyone told us that it was the best tasting wedding cake they have had! I had called Almost Heaven Bakery to try to get a quote, but they never did get back to me even though I called multiple times. I guess they don't care about getting business!

Cupcakes - We got mini cupcakes from Cake-rageous in Huntington (look them up on facebook), and they were also amazing! I highly recommend them.

Florist - We went with Blooms in Bridgetport. Cara is very good. My flowers were very pretty, and she even threw in some extras since the original roses she received for my bouquets "were not up to par!" We checked with Bella Fiore in Morgantown, but they were a few hundred dollars more just for the bouquets.

DJ - This is, sadly, the only vendor I would change. We went with DJ's Unlimited in Culloden. Andrew is very nice, but he was out of town and sent someone else. My recessional music did not play, so we ended up walking back down the aisle to nothing except the cheering crowd! The DJ finally got a song to play, but it wasn't the right song, and it was a song that had just been played during the Prelude. Also, the wrong song was played for my bridal party entrance. I yelled in to tell the DJ to change the song for my husband and I to enter to. I cannot recommend this DJ.

Let me know if you have any questions! I hope this helps someone!

Re: Vendor Reviews From My Wedding

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards