Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Alcohol cut-off (XP to etiquette)

I was wondering if it is rude to have a point in the evening where you switch from serving alcohol to serving punch/ fancy water/coffee?  I am hosting beer, wine, and maybe a signature drink and will host that until the reception is over if it is rude not to but was contemplating switching to serving punch etc. at a certain point, likely 1 to 1.5 hours before the end of the reception.

So rude/inappropriate or ok?

Thanks!

ETA: cross posted to "Etiquette" because I don't know where it would fit better.  Hope thats ok!

Re: Alcohol cut-off (XP to etiquette)

• We're currently planning on stopping one hour before the end of the ceremony and offering soda, water, coffee, tea and juice.
  • Usually last call is 30-45 minutes prior to the end of the event.  At that point it is okay to stop serving alcohol.  An hour is pushing it...
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • As people said on etiquette, if you close it that early, people are going to leave early. It is the sign that the party is winding down, kind of like turning the lights up in a bar or club. Close the bar 30 minutes maximum from when you want people to leave. An hour- 1.5 hours is way too long. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards