May 2014 Weddings

Wedding party gifts

Hi ladies. So FI and I finally came up with the rest of the gifts we are giving to our WP and parents. We just ordered family trees for both our parents that should come this week. We have two officiants and they are our friends so we are giving one some nice cigars and the other one a nice bottle of wine. We have our gifts for the bridal party. Now the question is...when do we give it to them? We were thinking to give all the gifts at the rehearsal dinner, but everyone is bringing a SO so won't that be awkward? I was thinking that maybe we give parents and officiants their gifts at the rehearsal dinner and letting the bridal party know that they will get theirs the next morning. I'd love to hear when other people are giving their gifts. Thanks!

Re: Wedding party gifts

• klburke88klburke88 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    We're handing out ours at the rehearsal dinner. Groomsmen are getting custom chuck taylors (they already know about it) and Bridesmaids are getting pashmina's and "tie the knot" bracelets. Also giving bracelets to our flower girls. 

Edit: I don't think it would be awkward for you to give your gifts at the rehearsal dinner, even if the bridal party has a SO there with them. I think giving gifts to your bridal party is pretty expected nowadays (even though we would all do it if it were customary or not ^_^). Plus, if you are giving your bridal party something they plan on wearing the day of (like jewelry), it would be nice for them to have it the day before. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Im giving bridal party and my mom theirs the night of the rehearsal.  My stepmom and dad will be the day before the rehearsal. 
  • We aren't having a rehearsal so I will be giving my girls their gifts the day of the wedding while we are getting ready. My parents are coming a little early to do pictures with me so I will give them theirs then. I'm not sure when FI plans on giving his. 
  • We are giving the groomsmen chuck taylors as well!
    I guess it's not that awkward to do it at the rehearsal dinner. The girls are all staying with me that night, but the guys are not staying together so it would be easier to give them their gifts at the dinner. 
  • I think I'll do them the night of the rehearsal too. I was going to have a bridal party lunch but I don't think I'll have a time when they can all get together, and really it's just an extra expense.
  • I'm giving my bridesmaids their gifts at our bachelorette weekend. My MOH planned a whole thing for just the bridal party so its a good opportunity for me to give gifts to the girls while we're all hanging out getting mani/pedis and relaxing. I'm not sure when my FI plans give the groomsmen their gifts. We're giving parents framed pictures from the wedding so we won't be able to give those until later on. I did get my dad a pocket watch to wear with his tux that I will probably give him the day of the wedding, kind of something special between the two of us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards