Nevada-Las Vegas

vent

Valeriecruz82Valeriecruz82 member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited April 2014 in Nevada-Las Vegas
So last Friday was my bachelorette..One of my best friends and BM was the one who originally put it together well the same day she ended up canceling because her insecure boyfriend didn't want her to go. It sucked because I wanted her there but I let it go. Well yesterday I texted her letting her know about the change in the meet N greet location and to let me know by next weekend weather or not they would make it. Well she never text me back. I just feel like she hasn't made hardly any effort to be a friend. Her bf who is a GM in the wedding hasn't even ordered his tux when we leave in just 2 weeks! And on top of that 2 of my other friends who have sworn that would be at the wedding have been ignoring my texts also. I have the most unreliable friends at times. I just don't understand why some people just lack communication skills. If you can't make it just let me know geez! At the end of the day I know I'll still enjoy my special day with my future hubby and everyone else that will be there for us :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

Re: vent

• I'm sorry your friend and her bf aren't being very supportive.  IDK what the rest of the friendship has been like up until then so I won't try to make any assumptions.  Maybe something else is going on in their relationship or maybe she is just unaware of how flaky she is being at the moment.  People are blissfully unaware of how stressful planning a wedding can be.  I hope whatever does happen, even if they can't make it you are able to enjoy the time with your guest that are present and worse case senario you can work things out after the wedding stress dies down.  Best case senario they are there for you, well prepared and you guys have an amazing time.  Either way, I hope the best for you. 
  • We have a pretty good friendship but when it comes to her actually making it to little gatherings like my kid's birthday parties, she's not the most reliable. But I would've thought my wedding would be a bit different since we've been friends for 10 years now. I've always made it to anything she's invited me to.
  • this is what happened with my MOH, who backed out, we have been friends since kindergarten, but she backed out due to "financial problems" but i saw on facebook she is going to Disneyland....i'm sorry this is happening to you and it sucks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yea flaky people are the worst. I can understand guest's being this way but you shouldn't have to deal with your bridal party acting this way too. @ssteele oh I know the feeling my best friend told me she couldn't make my bachelorette last Friday due to her bf not feeling good enough to watch their kids, but yet they posted on fb how they were out and about all weekend! Some people need to learn how to lie better lol
  • So stressful! Gopefully they get their acts together. :-(
  • Sorry this is happening and so close too.  But it sounds like you have a great attitude about it, at the end of the day its about you and your FI and your day will be great!
    We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 
  • For whatever reason I feel like people would rather avoid it than straight up decline and tell you they can't make it. Be honest! Like you said you really just want to know who will be there, you're not going to slit throats over it if they don't show up but avoiding you makes it worse. You've got a great attitude and your day will be amazing no matter what!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree tcnoble! I had to blow up my brother and his fiancée to find out they aren't coming. My dad told he he suspected it but my brother isn't very good at communicating. I'm disappointed but it's completely fine, I just wanted to know! I understand life happens.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow if she didn't go on the bach party because of him having an issue with it, I'd say they're definitely having some issues.  I've never heard of that before, guy's girlfriend/fiancee/wife having an issue with a guy going, sure, but not the other way around.  I'd probably give them some space until you need a 100% definitive answer on whether they're going to get the tux and be at your wedding and if you communicate that to them and still don't get a response, then time to shorten the guest list.  I don't have patience for that kind of behavior but people go through things so at the same time I try to give as much as I'm willing to before I draw the line.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards