Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

White & Ivory

I know this has been asked before, but TK's searches never behave properly for me. 

Is it weird to have an ivory dress and a white veil? Can you really tell the difference?

Re: White & Ivory

• Options
    I don't think it's weird as long as it's not staggeringly apparent.  If you have a super opaque, bleach-white veil, it will definitely will be noticeable against a darker ivory dress.  If neither veil nor dress are too far on either end of the color spectrum, it's probably fine.  If you have your veil or dress, hold them up against the other to see.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • Options
    I think it really depends on the two fabrics. For my dress (ivory lace), white tulle looks terrible.

Try to make sure you hold the two fabrics next to each other before you decide. Or go to a Joanne's somewhere an buy a tiny bit of white and ivory tulle to see which you prefer.
  • Options
    It depends on the shade of ivory. Some dresses that are called ivory can be considered a soft white. Other ivories can be very dark. So it depends on if it's a darker or lighter ivory. My manager had a dress that was technically called ivory but I would call it a soft white and she wore a white veil & it looked great.
  • Options
    It depends on the fabric of the dress.  Some ivory dresses are pretty yellow, and some you can't tell are not white unless you hold it up to a white dress.  FWIW, my dress is ivory chiffon over satin and my BFF's white veil looked great with it.  No one could tell a difference in color between the two.
  • Options
    I guess it is a matter of personal taste.  It would bug me to have them be slightly different. 
    Examples of ivory dresses and white veils:
    Single layer Chapel style wedding veil  white, ivory or diamond
    I had a white photo 647037-1
    Versus brides in ivory dresses with ivory veils:
    Beautiful: The blushing bride Denise wore an ivory gown with a floor length veil
    Madeleine's Daughter Blog, Meet Our Bride, Monique Lhuillier Caroline, Lace, Keyhole back, sheath, ivory, veil, pearls, Real bride, real wedding, bridal gown, wedding gown
  • Options
    I have this same concern! I am dead-set on wearing my mom's veil (which amazingly has stayed very white). Try looking at the dress and veil under different lighting. I need to have another look at mine to decide if I need to have the veil altered to match the dress. Either way, the sentimental value is so great to me, so I will definitely be wearing the veil - altered or not!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    My ivory dress looked white, so the white veil looked fine.   Is your ivory dress just a "softer" white dress, or is it true ivory with more of a yellow-y tone?
  • Options
    White can go with any other colors. If you have an exquisite veil and beautiful dress ,why not show them off.
  • Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @JoanE2012, it's a soft white dress. When she told me it was ivory, I was really surprised because it looks pretty white to me. 
  • Options
    ElcaB said:
    @JoanE2012, it's a soft white dress. When she told me it was ivory, I was really surprised because it looks pretty white to me. 
    I think you'll be fine with a white veil then.  Mine dress was the same way.  When I found my dress and the saleswoman was writing it up and put ivory, I stopped her and said I wanted white.  She said "no you don't!".....and that's when I found out the dress I had on was ivory!  You could never even tell. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards