Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Wedding Dresses Online: Here Comes the Fakes

This is why you should NEVER buy your gown online.

Click this.

Now, would ANYONE even remotely CONSIDERING purchasing a gown online PLEASE STOP!!  Don't do it!!  Knock it off!! 

Buy used/pre-owned/a sample, but for goodness sake, stop giving your money to these crappy, knock-off websites!!!

Re: Wedding Dresses Online: Here Comes the Fakes

• Options
    "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is." Yes.

• Options
    you know there are plenty of brides on here who swear by those knockoffs. there was even a bride on her who was selling a pinina inspired dress with photos the dress was clearly a knockoff. she even admited she got it from china two dresses but the one she was selling did nothing for her. material was cheep and dress was ugly. and she wanted 600 for it.

ive always said you can find the dress of your dreams from a brick and mortor store without having to bust your budget.

i started my dress journey at Davids then a few months later visited a consignment with most dresses in sizes 0-30 in the 500 range

then went to two mom and pop salons my budget was 1000 max and ended up getting a  morilee dress at 875.

• Options
    Thank you for posting this, shaylagirl!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Oddly enough, thank Yahoo News.  It was one of their links yesterday.

Honestly, with 1,000's of websites being shut down by the bridal/prom industry, I'd be hesitant to give money to a website that might vanish, along with my money.

It's just a waste.

I'll admit it; I initially considered a knock-off gown from one of the "big name" knock off sites (JenJen's house maybe?).  Then I came to The Knot, did my research and realized that what I could be "saving" would be NOTHING compared to the risk I'd be taking.

I sucked it up and bought from a reputable designer.  Why should thieves be rewarded with hard earned cash?  That's really all those people are; thieves.  They've stolen someone else's idea and reproduced it.  Badly.  AND they're being rewarded for it?  That's wrong on SO many levels.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards