Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Seeking Veil Opinions

Hello, all!

My dress is "Justina" by Sottero & Midgely (http://www.sotteroandmidgley.com/dress.aspx?style=72403). I currently have an elbow-length sheer veil, but I'm starting to wonder if a birdcage veil would look better with my particular dress.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thank you!

Re: Seeking Veil Opinions

• Options
    I think a birdcage veil would look amazing with this dress.

*Formerly ctexasgurl26 and mrsridings061513*

imageimageimage

Anniversary
    Baby William born June 11, 2014 Weighing 6 lbs 5 oz and 17.5 inches long

• Options
    Personally, I probably wouldn't wear a traditional veil with that dress just because I would want to show off the back of that dress.  But, if you want to wear a veil like the one you have then go for it.  If you would prefer a birdcage veil or another sort of headpiece, that would look nice, too.  If you are unsure, perhaps you could go to the salon you bought the dress from and try on different things.
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies! I think I need to try on a birdcage with it and see if I change my mind...I just hate to have potentially spent money on a non-returnable veil, but that's my fault. Totally should have known I might become indecisive. Haha. 
  • Options
    If you do change your mind it should be easy to sell, since veils don't get altered or need to fit!

• Options
    I was recently dealing with the very same question, @EarthToChelsea, and I have seen lots of brides with a dress similar to yours + an elbow-length veil on several wedding blogs. Hence, it definitely wokrs. : ) 
    If you stay with the classic veil option, I would highly recommend wearing a plain tulle veil, because your dress already has lots of embroidery (but if I got you correctly, that is exactly the kind of veil you bought). Also, if I were you I wouln't wear the veil the whole day, but maybe replace it with a simple headpiece after the ceremony (e.g.: http://www.sibodesigns.com/shop-2/pearl-crystal-hair-comb-style-321/). Wouldn't that be an option? This way, you wouldn't have spent money on your veil in vain. 
  • Options
    Actually, either/or would work.

You can always take the veil off for the reception to really show off the back of your gown after the ceremony. 

If you want to rock a sheer veil, rock it!  If you want to rock a birdcage, rock it! 
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of bird cage veils.  I think the dress would look stunning with an elbow length sheer veil.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Thank you so much, everyone! @LenaC45, that headpiece is stunning! I'm a sucker for pearls, so that's definitely right up my alley. :)

I'm glad to know that either one would work! I thought that might be the case, but I couldn't tell if I was just biased because I'm incredibly in love with my dress and potentially blinded to things that may not work so well. My veil now is just sheer tulle, with a few tiny teardrop shaped sparklies near the edges. They're hardly noticeable (unless you're looking for them) and I thought that was a good idea just because there's a lot of "bling" happening with the dress already.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards