Wisconsin
Options

Lakefront Brewey as reception site??

I'm looking at having my reception at Lakefront Brewery in Milwaukee.  Has anyone had or been to a wedding there and have any comments? Good or bad?  How was the noise level?

Re: Lakefront Brewey as reception site??

• Options
    krmohrkrmohr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to a wedding there and it was really nice. The food was pretty good and I liked the look (cream city brick). I have heard that they are booked solid for [something along the lines of] the next 2 years though...
  • Options
    lore424lore424 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our ceremony and reception at Lakefront next March.  When we booked in May, they had a date in January, two in February, our March date, and then nothing till November of 2012!  So if you really want to have your reception there, I would suggest booking it ASAP!  We love the venue and have a DJ who knows the space really well, so we're not worried about the noise level at all!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My daughter had her reception there last November.  Food was great.  Looked totally different than it does during the day/tours. Caterer was wonderful to work with and staff very cooperative and helpful. Noise level was fine, that was a concern of ours as well, but there are DJ's who work there frequently and know how to handle the space. All in all well worth the cost.  Rave reviews from guests.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had our reception at Lakefront last September...absolutely loved it!  We loved the cream city brick and the food was delicious.  We did a sit down dinner for about 210 guests and we got rave reviews from our friends and family.  We are still getting compliments on the venue and the location.  We did pay to rent white wooden folding chairs, as the chairs were an issue for me too.  We rented them through All Star Rental in Muskego as it was the best price I found.  Chairs were beautiful and service from the rental company was great.  It wasn't too expensive either.  We used Sound by Design as our DJ, whom I also HIGHLY recommend.  They do TONS of weddings at Lakefront and really know the accoustics.  We didn't have any trouble with the sound.  We also added LED colored accent lighting which added so much to the space and was really worth the extra money.  Lakefront fills up quickly...and there is a reason for that.  I think it's the best value for a downtown Milwaukee wedding!
  • Options
    missdani7111missdani7111 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Well, this is my official first post, so I guess this is an appopriate forum - it's been my dream to have our reception at Lakefront Brewery since the first time I was there...so all you brides that have, any pictures?!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of the tips ladies! I'm planning to book August of 2013 when I get back from vacation in two weeks!! Soo excited! :) I would also love to see pictures if anyone has any!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    send me your email addresses in a private message and i'll be happy to provide you with pictures as well as any advice you might need!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Our reception is in March as well at LB.  We did our tasting last week since we won't be back in town till Christmas and I was really happy with the food.  Yes, they are booked silly, had to change my wedding date from April to the only Saturday they had left between March and Oct 2012. 

I don't like the canvas covering that leads up to the entry, but I guess it's nice when there is bad weather.  I also didn't like the plastic chairs, but they are black and go with our black and white theme so I am willing to live with them. 

lore424 who are you using for your DJ, that is one of theonly vendors we still have left to book.

• Options
    lore424lore424 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Sound by Design - they had many, many good reviews, were very reasonably priced, and the owner told us they do 99% of the receptions at Lakefront, so they know the space really well!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are all booked for August of 2013! Thanks for all the input! So excited to have the reception site all set!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are booked for next May.  They book up really fast.  We reserved it July 2010.  I've heard great things from people that have attended weddings there.

We went with Sound by Design.  My fiance is super picky about music and really like the DJs.  They let you have as much control of the music as you want and you tell them how much involvement you want them to have.  They send you a form asking you about things you want and don't want.  They do almost all of the weddings at Lakefront.

Also if you e-mail Lakefront they can get you a list of vendors that they work closely with.  It has been helpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards