Chit Chat
Options

Scary wedding dreams, anyone?

I've had like 3 or 4 of them now.  Mostly what happens is that it's the day of the wedding, and I haven't planned anything.  Or in last night's case, it was 4:30 and nobody was ready, and my photographer had wanted to start at 2, so she was really mad.  Oh, it also rained.  Haha.. I figure this has to be normal??

Re: Scary wedding dreams, anyone?

• Options
    You are not alone! I had one last night similar- our ceremony is at 4 pm and it was 645 and NO ONE was there but I still got called a bridezilla when I called my bridesmaids asking where the heck they were...

more here- 

• Options
    I had one where my caterer informed me via text that they weren't going to show up!
  • Options
    Prior to my wedding I kept having dreams that I forget to make the final payments to the vendors so everyone showed up for our wedding only because I hadn't made the payments there wasn't a wedding.  I also had a dream that the bridesmaids' dresses were the wrong color.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had two just last night! First one obviously spurred by the fact that we're going bridesmaid dress shopping tomorrow... dreamed I got a phone call from Macy's saying that they no longer carry bridesmaid dresses and they weren't quite sure why their associate let me schedule an appointment. I exploded into a fit of rage because there was nowhere else I could get the color I wanted and would have to change everything. (Note: no, we're not even going shopping at Macy's. We're going to the place I got my dress. Macy's did recently screw up shipping a pair of jeans I ordered online though.)

Fell back asleep... now it's my reception, but instead of my beautiful ballroom, we're in a picnic pavilion. And all the tables are covered in plastic tablecloths. AND I'M SHARING IT WITH ANOTHER BRIDE. And people are in territory wars staking claim to the tables along the middle, even though I should have had more tables. My mom is trying to claim them by putting these hideous plastic bowls on them instead of the centerpieces I've been agonizing over for weeks. I told her "fuck no" to the bowls and she got all offended and said "well what will we put the trail mix in then?" and I kicked her out. (Note: we are considering having our rehearsal dinner in a picnic pavilion, and were discussing backup plans in case of rain last night. But in the dream when my little 2.5 yo nephew saw me he got the cutest look I've ever seen on his face, and said "oh Lolo, you're beautiful" so that was awesome.)

• Options
    I should mention too.. I had a dream that because it rained, we had to move our ceremony and reception to a church (we're not having a church venue) and they wouldn't allow us alcohol.  LOL.  We recently attended a dry wedding, I'm guessing this is where that came from.
  • Options
    Let's see, in one I forgot to buy alcohol but luckily my mom was there to save the day with 5 bottles of vodka. There were also centerpieces made with toy cars in that one. In another one I was at my ceremony with my hair wet.
  • Options
    I have a recurring one - where I'm getting in my gown, hair is done, makeup done, putting on my jewelry, etc. I come across my huge stack of invitations I never sent out. Nobody comes! 

I've also had one where I'm at the alter about to say "I do" and my teeth start crumbling out of my mouth. Ugh!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had to bump this up. I was having recurring dreams where it's our wedding day and I never sent out invitations and nothing else is done so I'm terrified no one will show and FI will be mad at me. I got invites done so I thought they'd stop, but since then:

I am wearing cowboy boots under my dress. I bought some nice new ones with uppers in my colors, and I needed a new pair pretty badly anyway and plan on showing my horse in them post-wedding, but I haven't worn them yet except for fittings. But in my dream I forgot them and I realize as I'm about to walk down the aisle that I am wearing my ugly, clunky, beat up, poop-ridden men's work boots instead.

Then last night it's the morning of the wedding and I still need to find someone that will make a small cake and cupcakes last minute. I tried to get my family to help me and they wouldn't. I also really needed a manicure. 

So apparently I will dream about whatever I'm currently stressing about. FML. 
  • Options
    I had a terrible dream that when I went to put on my dress on the big day, it was only a size 4 :/ I'm a 12! 
  • Options
    I just had a dream that my bridesmaids dresses came in, but they were all wrong! Wrong colors, wrong style, wrong everything, and they were not pretty at all. What was worse was that there was not enough time to reorder the right dresses before the wedding. I was pretty glad when I woke up and realized that everything was going to be fine.
  • Options
    Last night I had a dream that I was at Macy's with FI to show him a dress I like(even though I'm not getting a dress from Macy's). He takes one look at it tears up and tries it on himself! He refuses to let me wear it because since he didn't wear a dress at his last wedding he is wearing one at this one. We got into a full on screaming match in Macy's while he stood their in my dress.
  • Options
    Last night I dreamed that my corset didn't look right. Ugh. I also for some reason dreamed the reception in this horrible ballroom that we had said no to in the beginning of our search. I dreamed that there were black tablecloths with nothing on them, no centerpieces no plates.. And then we had to move tables around and set up my sweetheart table.. And for some reason our first dance consisted of FI and I laying on the floor reaching longingly for each other, poetically and artistically. Wtf.

Finally I dreamed that while we were doing the YMCA, large black ants were everywhere on the floor under our feet. I screamed in my sleep and definitely woke up from that one and hope ants do not visit my beautiful location! They were huge ones! With big beady beads and bodies!

image   image   image

• Options
    I haven't had any in awhile but FI had his first one earlier this week.  He said in the dream he was talking to someone about black wedding dresses, after that he remembers being at the church seeing me coming down the aisle and had this weird looking on his face because the dress I wore was really different and he said it was black. Then he got worried because in the dream he knew his reaction was caught on video.

Anniversary

• Options
    I have been having dreams where I'm getting married but it's to my ex-husband!  EWWWWW.  I'm always miserable and upset in the dreams.  And then I wake up and I'm overjoyed because I'm marrying my FI!  It's always such a huge relief.
    Also, Tuesday morning I went to get my hair dyed and cut for the wedding.  That morning I dreamt that I cut my hair off into that horrible Kate Gosselin hairdo with the spikey back and the side bangs hanging in her stupid face.  (I canNOT stand that woman, she's evil.  She's an honorary Kardashian as far as I am concerned.)  I was REALLY glad to wake up from that one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards