Nevada-Las Vegas

Dress steaming

So we are leaving tuesday for the big day (thursday).....Does anyone know if Mandalay bay will steam a dress?  Or are there any local shops near by that can help out.   Hopefully she won't need it done..but you never know.  

Re: Dress steaming

• @valeriecruz82 just let me know about this lady, @shoebunnie is using her and from what @valerie said a lot of the knotties use her in Vegas
    i just emailed her and she is super nice so far on the emails! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My hotel - Aria - also an MGM property recommended Creative bridal. I will use them as I know they will take care of it with her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I used Debi. My dress was full on with beading, lace and a LOT of tulle and Fit For A Bride did a fantastic job. Especially cos I shipped the dress to them so it arrived in a very crinkly state. They also delivered the dress to my hotel which was one less thing to worry about. I highly recommend.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• thank you @missmo! I really am thinking of using them, im just waiting for her to reply back to my email 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Fit For a Bride was awesome. They picked up my dress and delivered it all puffed out with tissue paper and such to help hold its shape. It looked amazing.
  • @missmo How much did it cost to ship your dress? I'm guess quite a bit more because you are from out of the states correct?
  • Does Debi take a while to email back? Just wondering bc i replied back to her last week, she replied instantly to my first question and then i haven't heard back yet...ive sent her two emails
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @kikimira how much did they quote you at aria/creative bridal?

Any other reliable options? I like to shop around and now that @missmo mentions the mailing option I'm going to consider that to. It seems less stressful.

My original plan was to pack a travel steamer and try to do it myself. I haven't decides for or against the cost. My mom laughs at me because I am seriously the cheapest person when planning a weddig. We can afford way more than we are spending, I just can't justify that verse our bigger dreams
  • @wrigleyville~ how much did it cost to deliver your gown? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ssteele04 said:
    @wrigleyville~ how much did it cost to deliver your gown? 
    http://fitforabride.net/services/steaming/steaming-packages/

Those are the prices. :)

I had the Ivory Sweet package (one gown and veil, pick-up/drop-off to hotel desk). The range is $140 - $160. I paid $160, probably because I had a taffeta ballgown. I'm just guessing that a bigger dress with more layers is going to cost more, but it's probably a good guess.

Anyway, I ended up paying her an even $200 since it was picked up and delivered so promptly, not to mention my gown looked fantastic and was arranged so beautifully.

There is a $75 package, but it's for the top layers only. Also, it doesn't include pick-up and drop-off. They come to your hotel and steam it there.
  • thank you @wrigleyville, i haven't heard back from her, so i'm glad i have seen the reviews on here!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • a13049 She said between $85-$150 depending on how much dress there is and what the fabric is. I would email them for a quote. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I paid $325 to drop off my dress, veil, MOH dress, and my husband's suit. Debi delivered them the next day and picked up my dress with the veil today to clean it and ship it home. Had I opted to only have her steam and drop off it would've been $175.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I got my quote today from Fit for a Bride, she wants $220!! holy crap! that's a lot of money! so i won't be doing that! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • when you got a quote, did you attach a picture of your dress?  I think I am going to try getting a quote from a few places. 

• yep i did! i'm not sure of all the places to take it to in Vegas
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks, I will first try creative bridal and fit for a bride.  Just looking online, creative bridal looks cheaper.  I could be wrong
  • i'm not sure if Creative Bridal does cleaning, my dress needs cleaned 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • They used to do cleaning, not sure if they still do.  We used Debi for wedding dress, four BM dresses, five tuxes, five shirts, two grandma dresses.  Loved it; she came to the room with a rolling cart and came back 24 hours later with everything perfect.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• I decided yesterday I would have it cleaned up here, my friend is loaning me her steamer, i'm shipping my dress to a friend in Vegas and will touch up the steaming there, will save a bunch of money that way!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards