Wisconsin
Options

Officiant help please!!!

We are from kenosha but will be getting married in Franklin Park, right near O'hare Airport. I posted in Chicago's board too, but I thougt I would try here too!

I am looking for an officiant bad.

We already have our ceremony picked out and we are desperately looking for an officiant. We are at the point where we are not very picky, we just really would like someone who is willing to perform the ceremony that we have designed, we are 100 percent sure this is the ceremony that we want with little or no deviation. It is a more secular ceremony and we are not necessarily looking for a preist/reverend/pastor etc. We would like someone who is down to earth. 

PLEASE, DOES  ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS???

Nicole
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Officiant help please!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Is your wedding actually in IL?  You might want to go with someone actually ordained in IL.  We might have a family member perform our ceremony, but he's from ID, so in order for him to perform our marriage ceremony he needs to be sponsored by someone of the same denomination in WI.  So you should look up the rules in IL about bringing someone from a different state.  It might just be a heck of a lot easier to get someone from IL.

Sorry I can't be of more help.  Maybe you should check out a JOP from IL?  GL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    this is a link to who I'm going to use, he's a very great guy. I can't wait for him to marry us. He customizes everything in your ceremony to fit the style you want. Plus, he's very reasonably priced. http://www.gatheringguide.com/event_dir/wi_wisconsin/sp_wedding_officiants_25741.html

Using the gatheringguide.com was a great tool in finding an officiant that I liked. HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Find a nearby court or circuit judge.  I am using a Milwaukee judge for my wedding.  Their prices tend to be very reasonable since they do it "on the side".  If you go onto the closest court website, they tend to have a list of judges that perform wedding ceremonies on the side!  Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

http://www.gatheringguide.com/event_dir/wi_wisconsin/sp_wedding_officiants_14446.html

Try her, she is wonderful! She is performing our ceremony in Franklin also. I think we are paying a total of $350 and she puts everything together, just recieved our ceremony outline a few weeks ago and it looks wonderful. You meet with her and she asks questions to make the ceremony all about you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards