Wisconsin
Options

Venues - $1000 rental, $20/plate?

Hi fellow Wisconsin brides!

Looking to have a Friday wedding next August in or around Milwaukee.  Our budget is not too limited but I'm having a hard time finding venues and caterers within our price range!

We're looking for a venue rental of around $1000 to $1500, and someplace that can do food for $20 - $25 a plate.

It doesn't have to be super fancy - just somewhere pretty that can fit around 200 guests!

Can people recommend locations and/or caterers that can fit these restrictions?  In-house catering as fine, as long as it sticks within the budget!

Thanks so much for your help!

Re: Venues - $1000 rental, $20/plate?

• Options

Are you looking for downtown? If not, try the Clarion Hotel by the airport. Their food (especially for a Friday wedding) would be right up your alley. I believe the minimum they gave us was $4k for a Friday night for no rental fee.

It's a really pretty space, too. It was a bit out of our price range but I would have used it if it weren't!

• Options
    The Crystal Ridge ski lodge in Franklin rents out for $900 (I was told) plus something like $14/hour per bartender, so close to your $1000 range.  You bring in your own caterer.  I am using Bunzel's for my wedding and they have EXTREMELY reasonable prices!  It depends on your food selection, but ours came to about $10 person and all I hear is good things about them.  If you go this route, you may even be able to spend a bit more to rent out a bit pricier facility since you would save on food. 

Other thoughts: South Shore Pavillion through Milwaukee County Parks (they have other buildings, but that's the nicest), Polish Center in Franklin ($18 for one entree choice, $21 for two - not sure on rental fee).  Alverno College has meal selections within your price range and reasonable rental fees.  Wauwatosa Women's club also has reasonable rental rates and you hire a caterer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards