Pre-wedding Parties

Rehearsal Dinner Questions

Hey!

So I have only been to one rehearsal dinner, it was the weekend before (Saturday night) but was basically just a big dinner/drinks and then we spent about one second walking with our partner together to receive our gifts from the bride and groom, and that was it. Is that typically how they go? I was planning on having mine more as a rehearsal brunch the Sunday prior (Friday wedding) and everyone knows that me and my fiancé LOVE brunch! I’m not sure exactly what else we should be doing there…?   We're planning a very short ceremony at our venue....all the BP will have to do is just walk down the aisle and walk back... thanks for any advice!!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Questions

• In my personal experience the evening before the wedding you first go to the venue where the ceremony is being held and rehearse the ceremony (processional, recessional, cues for readers and singers, etc.).  Then you go somewhere else (restaurant, someone's house, etc.) for the dinner.  All that happens at the dinner is dinner, conversation and the couple usually hands out the gifts to the wedding party. The couple may give a small thank you speech.  

If you aren't holding a rehearsal then you wouldn't really have a rehearsal dinner or brunch.  That doesn't mean you can't host a thank you brunch for your wedding party.  A friend of mine didn't do a rehearsal and just held a cookout for the families and wedding party the day before.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm trying to avoid the day before because I know my friends and family are huge drinkers and we want to enjoy ourselves with some cocktails... No one in the wedding part is from out of town, and the venue isn't far, so I would prefer to do it a few days prior... Or host a thank you few days prior.. That seems alright, right?
  • I'm trying to avoid the day before because I know my friends and family are huge drinkers and we want to enjoy ourselves with some cocktails... No one in the wedding part is from out of town, and the venue isn't far, so I would prefer to do it a few days prior... Or host a thank you few days prior.. That seems alright, right?
    As long as everyone can make it you're find doing it a few days in advance.  One thing to keep is mind is if you do plan on doing an actually rehearsal at your ceremony venue they may have specific guidelines for when it is done.  For example ours only allowed rehearsals the night before.  They had two time slots available and you got one hour in the chapel.  If you are doing a rehearsal the dinner needs to be the same night if you are just doing a thank you get together do it when it works best.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are doing our rehearsal dinner the night before.  That has been my experience in all of the weddings in which my fiance or I have been in the wedding party (at least a dozen weddings). Of course, our wedding party is traveling from all over and it wouldn't be possible for them to attend the weekend before. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards