Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Starting to book

Started being a wee bit more active on here because I've finally started booking things so it suddenly feels very real!

We've booked the Platinum for Thursday 9th April on the Misora rooftop terrace. The only other thing we've booked so far is the photographer, I looked at loads of websites but we didn't want traditional wedding shots. I think we'd both feel very awkward and look completely unnatural in posed shots plus I think as a female couple we'd feel quite self concious if we were posing around Vegas in our wedding dresses, so we wanted someone a bit more candid/quirky.  I found http://ginandsake.com/ and loved their work, so I was determined to book them early.  They offer a great price and Brandon has been really quick to reply to all my emails, I'd highly recommend them so far!

Still trying to decide on a DJ, I love The Flashdance but they're really expensive...I can't stop listening to their mixes on their website, they sound like 2manyDJs but I can't justify spending that sort of money for a few hours music!  Going to have to try and find someone else, has anyone got any good recommendations?

Also trying to decide what to do about the cake, I was totally set on the idea of Sin City's alcoholic cupcakes but we've emailed them about gluten free and they said they could do them, but they'd be prepared in the same area as the normal ones so they wouldn't be safe for me :(  Still tempted to get them anyway for everyone else but I don't know.  Cake recommendations?

Officiant also still has to be decided, I have no idea where to start with that one!

Flowers, we want quite simple, I suppose I'll just start emailing florists and asking for estimations.

I went dress shopping for the first time on Thursday, I was actually really worried after the first few dresses because I didn't think I looked great in them and I was worried that maybe I just didn't suit wedding dresses but then I tried on a beautiful lace dress with cap sleeves and I was in love.  Going to try and see if I can try more in that style before I buy one but I'm on the right track now and suddenly a lot more excited about it.  Plus, I think I'll be getting a long dress now so I should be able to wear flats which is amazing, I'm 5'11" and my girlfriend is about 5'5" so I never wear heels!  I'd probably have broken an ankle in Vegas if I'd tried it! :)

The other thing I would love advice on is Hair and makeup.  Now that I have an idea of my dress, I think I'll be wanting to go for 1920's/Gatsby style, so a simple up do with something sparkly on one side, then makeup that suits that sort of vintage glamourous look.  My worry is that because I rarely wear makeup (only when I get dressed up to go out, and even then it's quite light), I may look too unlike myself if I were to go for the airbrush type.  How did everyone else choose their hair and makeup vendor?  We also need to book for quite a lot of people, with me will be my two sisters and my mum, then we'll need a seperate hair and makeup vendor for my girlfriend and her three sisters!  I hope we don't both want the same one! :D

This has turned into a bit of an essay, sorry about that!  Would love to hear any thoughts or advice from anyone on any of the above!

Oh! One last thing, now I have a date...how do I get a ticker?!  I've been looking around in my account settings but I can't find an option!

Re: Starting to book

• Options
    I am doing Harmony, after tons of reviews on here! I am doing Drago Sisters for my cake and they have been awesome to work with so far! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Great thanks, I'll google them right now! 

I've seen lots of people mention Harmony, I just worry that I would look weird all done up :/  Are you getting a trial done beforehand?

• Options
    no i'm not, we are flying in less than two days before, Ive sent her pics via facebook and a pic of me and she chose the one that would look the best 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Exciting! I'm also going with Harmony but I wear make up on a daily basis. I'm sure if you Google some make up photos you really like she can work with, and then email them to her. That's what I did :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • Options
    KikiMiraKikiMira member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    Gluten free Cupcakes!!! I ordered mine for A la mode - http://www.alamodelv.com/#!aboutus2/cnpz

However they don't do liquor ones, well they aren't listed on their site, But you could always ask.

Check beauty by Bri she does a lot of pin up work. I am using her but I am not doing pin up as I do it all the time for dance. http://beautybybri.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Brilliant links, thanks so much @KikiMira! I liked the idea of the alcohol cup cakes but it's not really important in the scheme of things. Including me there are three people who'll be there with celiacs so it would be wonderful to have gluten free cake :)
    Valerie I've started saving looks I like to a Pinterest board so hopefully I can find something I like, I might go somewhere here to get them to recreate a style and put my mind at rest before I settle on it.
    @ssteele04 great thanks, I guess I'm just paranoid, weird the things your brain decides to stress about!
  • Options
    yes totally understand! I never really wear makeup or do my hair i just throw it back in a pony tail but the cut of my dress i'm wearing it pulled back i'll have to find the picture that im going to do and post it
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Airbrush makeup isn't as spray-paint-ish as you might be thinking. It's actually quite light, so I recommend it if you aren't used to wearing makeup. I'm really sensitive to makeup, and I couldn't even tell I had it on. I could not get over how light it was. That said, it didn't rub or sweat off. I'm one of those people who always forgets to keep my hands off my face, and my makeup was perfect all the way up through our midnight bowling shenanigans.

Since you want the art deco/Roaring 20s vibe for your hair and makeup, I'd contact Glam Squad. They do a lot of stuff like that.

As far as floral, check with The Palette. Lots of Knotties have used them, including me.
  • Options

Airbrush makeup isn't as spray-paint-ish as you might be thinking. It's actually quite light, so I recommend it if you aren't used to wearing makeup. I'm really sensitive to makeup, and I couldn't even tell I had it on. I could not get over how light it was. That said, it didn't rub or sweat off. I'm one of those people who always forgets to keep my hands off my face, and my makeup was perfect all the way up through our midnight bowling shenanigans.

That's really helpful, thank you. I had it in my head that it would be quite heavy makeup and I worried that because I rarely wear makeup it would make me look too unlike me. I will look into it more now and stop dismissing it out of hand, thanks.

Since you want the art deco/Roaring 20s vibe for your hair and makeup, I'd contact Glam Squad. They do a lot of stuff like that.

As far as floral, check with The Palette. Lots of Knotties have used them, including me.
    Will look into these too, thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards