Destination Weddings Discussions

Wedding Planner Acceptable Response Time?

Hi all,

I wonder how long/how many days should I expect to hear from my wedding planner whenever I ask her a question related to the wedding?

We will have a destination wedding in Hawaii this July 2014. We will only have a beach ceremony and dinner reception at a restaurant with about 30 people.

In the beginning of the planning process, she was pretty responsive and usually gave me an answer with 2 business days. But now, when the wedding is about 3 months away, I sometimes don't get her response after a week and with a follow up email on if she receive my email or not. I am getting a little bit nervous and hope things will go well at the end... 

While I understand I am not the only bride she is helping, but I wonder if she is being a little unresponsive than she should be? I would think I am not asking for too much for her to response within 3 business days?

Re: Wedding Planner Acceptable Response Time?

• I'm getting married in Hawaii in October and I'm wondering who your wedding planner is because I am having the same issue.  It seems like she only answers my emails once a month or so.  Like you said, I know I'm not her only bride, but it seems like some of my questions are quick and easy and she doesn't reply for weeks.  One thing that did work when I had a huge list of unanswered questions was calling her office and asking to set up a time to talk.  We did a 90 minute conference call and got a ton of things accomplished.
  • ysinysin member
    First Comment
    once a month seems really long...I hope she will get on top of your stuff when your wedding gets closer. It is stressful to not know if she even saw the email or not. It would be nice if she could at least let me know she is busy right now or she is looking into the stuff I asked her.

It's a great idea to set up a time to talk it over the phone, I may try that if she doesn't response soon.... good luck to you.
  • I agree setting up phone call times is the best way to get your questions answered. I am having a destination wedding in the Virgin Islands and that's what I do with my wedding planner. Whenever I think of an idea or question I write it down and then I have a list for our phone call.

But, I do think they should be more responsive to your emails, I have been fortunate that my planner usually responds to me within the hour. But, that's what you're paying them for!!

I would let your planner know you're concerned about their responsiveness.
  • I am working with Tina from Food for the Soul.  They are doing our catering on Maui and she is also a coordinator.  She is AMAZING!!!!!  She responds within 48 hours (usually 24 hours).  I think 3 days is more than enough time to respond.  Even if it's sending a reply to tell you she's still working on it.  I would be really upset if I were in your shoes.
  • edited May 2014
    I just call the wedding number and talk to them on the phone. I do not have time for that and my planner is getting on my nerves.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are getting married in Hawaii and hired a local wedding coordinator. She has been very responsive so far with all email correspondence. She replies all my emails within 1 - 2 business days. She even writes back to say that she got my email and she is going to look into my questions or contact the vendors and get back to me.
  • I've been helping out planning my sister's wedding and need to admit that sometimes it takes very long until you get replies from vendors. Keep in mind that you planner's got to forward your questions to the vendor at times to get you the answers you'll need. The wedding season might be on already and she's probably out of the office more often these days. 

BUT I also think a quick info, that she'll get back to you as soon as possible should be sent - no bride should be worried about her wedding day! 

Wish you all the best with your further planning
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards