Snarky Brides

VENT!!! Am I turning into a Bridezilla?

jphil0790jphil0790 member
5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
edited April 2014 in Snarky Brides
Back story: FI's brother's GF's (Stacy*) friend (Anna*) is doing the make-up for my wedding on Friday. The wedding party is only me and my MOH but also the mothers and Stacy* will be getting their make-up done the same time. Stacy is only getting her make up done at the same time because 1.) Anna is her friend 2.) She will be with me the morning of for other reasons

Yesterday Stacy was asking about the timeline of events so she could let her friend know when to be on location. I told Stacy I want my make-up done first around 11:30 - 12noon so I could make it to the location to start my first look and all of the photos. Stacy yells perfect because she wanted to be last since her make-up will take the longest, Ummm ewww me as bride should take the longest since it's my day.

I then make a face at her like what the hell will take so long and she proceeds to say that Anna knows exactly what Stacy likes and since everyone else is going for a simple look (including me) her look will take the longest to do. Again ewww, she isn't even in the wedding she's a flipping guest and she isn't even going to be in a bunch of photos. Is she planning on going to a club after???

Am I wrong to feel almost disgusted about what she was saying or should I just blow it off and just deal with it?

Re: VENT!!! Am I turning into a Bridezilla?

• Yes.

I think if you wanted your makeup done the way you wanted/on your timeline you should have hired someone outside of the circles you run in. You should have expected Stacy to want Anna to do her makeup too.

Also...the person who wants or needs the most makeup applied will take longest. I don't know why that's offensive to you. If you want to be made up over the top, it'll take longer than a simple pretty highlighted look.

• jphil0790 said:
    Back story: FI's brother's GF's (Stacy*) friend (Anna*) is doing the make-up for my wedding on Friday. The wedding party is only me and my MOH but also the mothers and Stacy* will be getting their make-up done the same time. Stacy is only getting her make up done at the same time because 1.) Anna is her friend 2.) She will be with me the morning of for other reasons

Yesterday Stacy was asking about the timeline of events so she could let her friend know when to be on location. I told Stacy I want my make-up done first around 11:30 - 12noon so I could make it to the location to start my first look and all of the photos. Stacy yells perfect because she wanted to be last since her make-up will take the longest, Ummm ewww me as bride should take the longest since it's my day.

I then make a face at her like what the hell will take so long and she proceeds to say that Anna knows exactly what Stacy likes and since everyone else is going for a simple look (including me) her look will take the longest to do. Again ewww, she isn't even in the wedding she's a flipping guest and she isn't even going to be in a bunch of photos. Is she planning on going to a club after???

Am I wrong to feel almost disgusted about what she was saying or should I just blow it off and just deal with it?
    (a) Extremely judgmental of friend's makeup. It isn't ew that hers will take the longest. 
    (b) They aren't pushing back your plans, so why does it matter? It isn't like she started arguing about when you could have your make-up done.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I admit I've had a few hold your horses moments with one of my bridesmaids asking similar questions (did not say anything to her of course) but really when it comes down to it...you're the bride. She won't upstage you no matter how much longer her makeup will take. So yes, you are thinking like a bridezilla but luckily you've caught on early enough to lock your inner bridezilla back up 
  • As an added thought... it's a compliment.  Clearly you don't need that much makeup and she does.  You are a natural beauty. :) As @TexasBride2014 said...lock the beast back up.  It's ok... you don't know if any of your other guests are spending 4 or 5 hours trying to look good because they want to honor your wedding.  :):) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • valharte said:
    As an added thought... it's a compliment.  Clearly you don't need that much makeup and she does.  You are a natural beauty. :) As @TexasBride2014 said...lock the beast back up.  It's ok... you don't know if any of your other guests are spending 4 or 5 hours trying to look good because they want to honor your wedding.  :):) 
    I didn't think of it that way, thank you :)
  • Once I spent 4 hours on my hair as a guest because I kept messing it up and having to wet it down and start again (damn curling iron). So even if it takes longer, it doesn't mean she'll outshine you.

Have some wine and chocolate, take a deep breath, and remember all the wonderful things that will happen that day.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Yeah, you are over reacting a bit.  Honestly, I definitely prefer a simplistic makeup look, so you will likely look better than her anyway.  Regardless, you will still be the star of the show. And if her makeup is overdone for the event/venue, she is the one that will look out of place. Even if she didn't have Anna doing her makeup, and she did it herself, she would still likely go for a similar look and spend just as much time on it. You probably wouldn't be upset if one of your other guests said they were spending a significant length of time doing makeup at home, so this shouldn't bother you either.

• I would find the comments annoying, but definitely let it go immediately.  It doesn't matter.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have two bridesmaids. One of them is amazing with makeup, we have had over 5 mutual friends hire her for their wedding makeup even though she's technically not a professional. So she asked if I wanted her to do mine and I said that I was planning on it if that was ok with that. She said she was planning on it too. We've been friends for 15 years and she knows that I'm a very minimal makeup wearer and I know that she's a very heavy/ dramatic makeup wearer. So no doubt she will spend more time on hers than mine because that's just the look she likes. Doesn't matter to me as long as I get the look I like!

A date of someone showed up to my brother's wedding with a professional updo and my SIL still snarks about it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards