May 2014 Weddings
Options

Shower woes

So my shower is this Sunday. Two weeks ago my step mom told me shes not coming because shes to busy to worry about the shower. Also I should redo my registry because no one will want to dpend that kind of money on me. Whatever, I swallowed my hurt and moved on. Well now I ask my mother if shes coming and shes says"oops, I forgot. Ive been too busy with the house. So im not going to make it. Forgive me?" To top it off she was the ride for my moh, so she wont be there also. My sister also declined saying"im busy helping mom paint". Im so hurt right now.I dont even want the girl to throw it anymore. 

Re: Shower woes

• Options
    oh i'm so sorry! :( Maybe they wanted to surprise you with something and this was their way to make it a surprise? (although not a very kind way) Its hard to believe your mom and sister would not go to your shower because they had to paint the house :( I hope everything turns out differently come Sunday!
  • Options
    Theres no suprises. The reality is they are selfish. Example: I was talking to mymother about flowers and struggling to buy them. She responds, yeah well youre going to have to figure something out. Were broke too. Then in the next breath she tells me that she just paid for a cruise for her my stepdad and sister. To which she also stated it was 600 per person..
  • Options
    Wow. Bummer! I would feel awful as well. That's terrible that your family is doing this to you. You don't deserve this! I think this shows you the truth about your family and how much you mean to them.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry that your family is treating you like that. I know it doesn't make up for them, but when you get to your shower you will be surrounded by people that really care about you so try to focus on that.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry that your family is treating you like that. I know it doesn't make up for them, but when you get to your shower you will be surrounded by people that really care about you so try to focus on that.
    what @tammym1001 said!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    windie said:
    what @tammym1001 said!

I third this! People suck! No nice way to put it. Just remember who's there and made the effort. The day of my shower I was so overwhelmed by love and presents I didn't have time to focus on who was missing.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I will. Theres going to be 4 people, maybe. I know I will enjoy the people that do show. But its still sad. This is a special time of my life, im never getting married again. I want my family to be excited and have fun with me. Not treat me like what im doing doesnt matter.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry @dluberts, I would feel the same way. I hope you have a beautiful time at your shower! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I hate to sound like that *that* person, but at least you are having a shower. It's really crappy that your stepmom is so selfish...I can definitely relate to having family like that. FI has been out of work for a year and his parents aren't helping us with the wedding at all, but they have money to remodel their bathroom and re-do their floors.
    Is there any other way for your MOH to make it to your shower?
    Have an amazing time at your shower! Don't let anyone dim your glow :)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards