Snarky Brides

Venue coordinator is now pushy and annoying.

I really liked her at first. Then she suggested putting an earlier start time on my invites when I inquired about the ceremony start time. Ugh. I just thanked her and moved on. 

Now, we're in the process of scheduling our tasting. Our emails went like this:

Me: Hi Xxxx. You had mentioned scheduling our tasting for next month. Can you let me know what dates work best?

Her: We can do either 5/11 and 5/18. The tasting and planning session will take about 3 hours. Also, I'm not sure if you made plans yet for a florist, but we do recommend Xxxx. If you are interested in meeting with her, I could check her schedule. Let me know. 

Now, a little back story. Apparently my venue gave my name and phone number to a transportation company. For two weeks, I was receiving calls on my cell phone and emails from a limo company about using their services. So honestly, I'm a little pissed that I'm getting yet another vendor rec. And we won't even be needing a limo. It's a resort, we're having the ceremony and reception there and we're staying all weekend, including the night before. The coordinator knows this. 

So, I emailed her back telling her that we'd love to come on 5/11 and we'd see her then. I didn't mention the florist. 

Her: Great! I will schedule it in. Also, as soon as you are interested in meeting with the florist, let me know so I can check her schedule. 

For real, lady? I didn't express interest in your florist. Stop pushing her down my throat! We're not even having flowers so I have no use for her florist. I sent her another email telling her I wouldn't need her florist's services. 

Re: Venue coordinator is now pushy and annoying.

• Ugh. Not cool.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Ugh. That sucks. Unless there's a requirement in your contract that you use their vendors, they should just STFU.

Our venue told us that we could only use alcohol that could be purchased at a specific liquor store on Smith Street. (We live in PA, where our blue laws are effing ridiculous). They did that, though, because they had a delivery and discount contract with that store, so that was their preferred store. And since all PA liquor stores are connected, anything we wanted that that store DIDN'T carry it could order from another state store and just have it delivered to the Smith Street store. 

The more you post about your venue co-ordinator, the more I don't like her for you. Pushy person!
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • A nice response of "flowers make me think of funerals, we're not having them" might shut her up.  If they hadn't tried to throw the limo company at you, I would give her the benefit of the doubt that she thought you didn't see the part of her e-mail about the florist.   At least the florist doesn't have your number?
  • APDSS22 said:
    A nice response of "flowers make me think of funerals, we're not having them" might shut her up.  If they hadn't tried to throw the limo company at you, I would give her the benefit of the doubt that she thought you didn't see the part of her e-mail about the florist.   At least the florist doesn't have your number?
    Totally. The florist thing wouldn't have been so annoying if they hadn't already given my info to the limo company. 
  • Should have said thanks but no thanks to the florist. It is sorta her job to push their partners on you?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Yes, she is pushy.  Tell her your not interested in reviewing any more vendor recommendations and hope she moves on.  Many venue coordinators are pushy.  I know mine is!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards