Not Engaged Yet
Options

New to the Boards

Screen Name: thetimewillcome

Significant Other's Age: 32

What You Do: Intellectual Property Attorney (Patents)

What SO Does: Engineer

State of Relationship: NEY, but it has been discussed

How Long You've Been Together: Over 18 months, less than 2 years

How You Met: I was working as an engineer for a big company. He started in my group. I was his mentor.

Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): NEY

Real Babies: None

Fur Babies: 2 kitties

Loves: My kitties and my SO

Hates: Rude people, brussel sprouts including the smell (but my SO loves them so I cook them)

Pet Peeves: See hates

Hobbies/Activities: Crafting

Favorite Thing About Your SO: He makes me laugh even when I'm super grumpy

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He leaves his dirty clothes in a pile in the bedroom, even though I bought a new hamper with no lid and its 7 feet away

Describe Your Personality: I'm really nice, but learned to stand up for myself so I don't take much crap; Down to earth; I don't take things too personally

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Probably a 2...outloud

I've Been On TK Since: Technically 2006ish (I was married once in 2007 and started on here then); this time around about 3 months

How You Came to Be On TK: I actually don't remember

How I like my potatoes: I can't think of one way that I DON'T like my potatoes...LOVE potatoes

Favorite book/author: Hmm...if I had to choose I think John Grisham, but that is a long time favorite

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I used to be an engineer, now I'm an attorney

Re: New to the Boards

• Options
    Hi and welcome!

Can you please share kitty pics?

What's the last movie you saw?

Where would you like to go on your next vacation?

• Options
    Hi! Welcome to the boards! You seem sane, which is always nice when new posters introduce themselves :)

• Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

Welcome! How did you go from being an engineer to an attorney? Did you go back to school or was your original degree in law?

Kitty pictures please! Do your cats have any crazy or weird behaviors?

• Options
    My furbabies. Nibble and Dot. They are sisters.

Hmm...last movie...I actually don't remember the name of it. However, I remember that it had Tommy Lee Jones in it as a supporting character. It was about Japan after WWII. My SO wanted to watch it. He fell asleep half way through. It was pretty slow.

I want to go to Ireland. However, it will probably be something more like Outer Banks.
  • Options
    @thetimewillcome - OMG you have fat cats! I love fat cats so much! 

I've never been to the Outer Banks but I would like to at some point. 

Agreed with @bethsmiles. You seem sane which is SO refreshing! Please stay that way and stick around.

• Options
    @bethsmiles: I like to think I'm sane.

@buddysmom80: no guacamole for me. I don't hate it, I just don't like it.

@LaPeanut1018: I went back to law school. I wanted to go back to school after I finished undergrad, but I didn't stay in one place long enough to do it until 3 years later. I was debating on going back to get my Master's in engineering or to law school. Somehow law school won out. I don't regret it at all. I did enjoy being an engineer too. Always a good fall back plan if ever necessary I guess.

Actually, they both have goofy things. One thing Dot does is when she is really happy and you are petting her, she'll bite you. I call them lovebites. They aren't hard and they don't break skin, just goofy. And Nibby, if you are scratching her by her tail, she'll start licking...just randomly licking the air or whatever is close.
  • Options
    @Swazzle: they are fat. The vet told me to put them on a diet. I did...they gained weight. So they are on their "diet" but they are maintaining their gained weight.

I've been lurking for a while and I decided I like you guys, so that's why I posted. I like the refreshing way that you guys tell it like it is. I may not always agree, but I also understand that if a majority of internet strangers think a certain way, then a majority of the population probably thinks that way also.
  • Options
    Welcome! What's your favorite crafting project?
  • Options
    Hmm...I go through moods, but right now quilting, but that is because all the people I know (or so it seems) are pregnant, so I'm making baby quilts. I also cross stitch and do needlepoint.

I also paint and draw/sketch.
  • Options
    @thetimewillcome - My cats do the lovebite thing also! That's hysterical that they gained weight on their diet. Ironically, that happens to me sometimes too ;)

More questions: 

What's your alcoholic beverage of choice?
    Do you have a favorite/least favorite poster on NEY?
    What's your favorite food?

• Options
    @swazzle

I won't lie, I gain weight on my diet too...oops

When I was younger I would have answered tequila, but now I'm more of a wine drinker. Although, if I'm out and in that mood, I won't turn down a shot.

I have a collection of favorites. My least favorite aren't a specific person but more of a generalization: the ones who come on, ask a question, and then get mad when people give them an answer.

TACOS!!!!
  • Options
    Yea those people definitely suck. Also, the ones that come on and post a question and then disappear for weeks. Makes me feel like we completely wasted our time by answering. 

I haven't been able to drink wine since February 22nd. I got really sick (which wasn't entirely from wine, it was mostly from too much Tequila) and now the smell and even the thought of it makes my stomach turn. So sad :( 

I like some shots. Fireball is my #1 and I recently had a pickle back shot which I LOVED.

Yum, I love tacos. I love anything Mexican, really. 

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Yup, those people suck. That's why I posted this before I left to go home. Shh...don't tell my boss (but he wouldn't care) but I'm usually only on the boards at work.

That's sad about the wine. I'm sure it'll come back. I had an experience like that with tequila...apparently my body likes either the "cheap" stuff (e.g. Jose) or "expensive" stuff (e.g. Patron or 1800), nothing in between. About 6 months later I was good to go again, but I don't drink tequila too much anymore.

My favorite shot was called a Starburst. It was a mixture of fruit vodkas. It tasted just like a strawberry Starburst. Awesomeness.

I'm with you on the Mexican food. I could eat it every night.

ETA: I posted this before I went home so I could respond. I got sidetracked and forgot to finish my thought.
  • Options
    PepperallyPepperally member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2014

Howdy and welcome.

My cat does something similar with the whole biting while I pet her. It's kind of funny, too, because she has lost both of her fangs, so it's almost like a baby biting my hand rather than a cat.

After probably quite a few years of avoiding shots/nights consisting of shots I tried a pineapple upside down cake shot (among a few others, oops)...pure yum!

I love Mexican food but BF really doesn't...darn I wish he did!  I used to be a regular at a place before I met him...they knew my name.

• Options
    BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Welcome!! Your cats are adorable!!  
    What's your favorite restaurant (fast food & sit down?)

• Options
    I hope you're right! I'm about to head home in a few and may/may not pop back in later but welcome to NEY and have a great night! 

• Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Welcome! Like your SO, I also tend to leave dirty clothes on the floor, a few feet away from a hamper. It's a skill. I've honed it.

What's your favorite way to MAKE potatoes?
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    Welcome!! It's nice to have new non-crazies join :)

I love your kitties!! I miss my cat, she passed away a few months ago and I haven't had the heart to think about a new pet (also where we're living now doesn't really allow pets).

BFF has 2 kitties that are sisters and the sit facing each other and play the "mirror game" one lifts a paw and the other copies. It's so cute! Do your cats have any funny habits? 

What part of the world do you live in? 

What's your favorite TV show? 

• Options
    @TwoDimes - It's a shot of Jameson followed by a shot of pickle juice.

• Options
    Hi and welcome!
    Favorite dessert?

Anniversary

• Options
    Welcome! 

I actually just started making my own quilt and am loving it! I've never sewn before, so my mom is teaching me and it's a great mother/daughter activity. This is my first one but I'm sure once people around me start having babies I'll start making baby quilts. Do you have pictures of any of the ones you've made?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    TwoDimes said:

Swazzle said:

@TwoDimes - It's a shot of Jameson followed by a shot of pickle juice.

Oh yuck! Dang girl! I had a shot of Jameson this weekend and I thought I was going to die, it was so nasty. I'm not sure if a pickle juice chaser would have made it better or worse!

It makes it better! I promise!

• Options
    Oh my your kitties are cute and fat! My cat also does the licking thing; I hate when I'm the target, it's like sandpaper!

HIgh five for Mexican food, and no guacamole! 

What's your morning beverage of choice? When the wave of baby blankets ends, do you have any crafting projects you really want to tackle?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @phira Probably my favorite way to make potatoes is scalloped potatoes. However, those are lots of work, so I like a good baked potato.

@mbross3 My one cat likes cardboard boxes. I know that lots of cats love to jump and play in them, but she is ridiculous. She gets in the smallest boxes ever. It's hilarious watching my fat cat sit in this box that her butt just barely fits in. Not only that but she loves rubbing her face on them. She has a scar on her nose from rubbing on boxes. She rubs them so much she gives herself paper cuts on her nose, and now there is just no hair there.

I live in the Northeast US...for now. I've lived in 5 states in my life, but this might be the last one. My SO is pretty established here.

My favorite TV show is Bones, although I really like Law & Order: SVU too.
  • Options
    @BreMR I like a local place called Patron for sit down (it's Mexican). For fast food...probably Wendy's.

@TwoDimes I'm glad we can be friends...I like you :) My boyfriend is not a big fan of Mexican food, so I don't eat it much :( I can't remember the last GOOD movie I've seen. I feel like they all kind of suck right now.

• Options
    @thetimewillcome, it's okay you don't like guac, I like the answers to your other questions. Your cats are adorable!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    @Peaseblossom55 Brownies...especially when they are a little undercooked and still gooey in the middle. Yummy!

@FoxandBunny One day I just decided I was going to make a quilt, so I got started on it that way. Little did I know exactly how much work it is, but by then I was hooked. I've attached pictures of 3 of the baby quilts I've done so far. The camo one has hunter orange fleece as the backing.

@lmcooper86 I'm a green hot tea drinker in the morning. I never liked coffee. Although my SO loves it, so I make it for him every morning that he stays over. That's love right there. At least that's what I tell him :) My next craft project is going to be to finish the cross stitch that I started 4 years ago. It's two lions in the Savannah. It feels like it will never be done...probably because I started it 4 years ago.
  • Options
    blabla89blabla89 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    Welcome! Your fat cats are so cute! And I love their names.

What's your favorite holiday?
    Favorite spring time activity?
    Favorite breakfast food?

And now for the true test: please submit a gif of your choice for our approval.

ETA: words
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    HOOORAY FOR NORMAL ADULTS!!! 

I mean, as normal as you can be for liking us :) 

Are you a sports fan? Who are your teams? 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards