Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Will we clash with the carpet? Does it even matter?

I feel like this is such a little thing, but my mom thinks it's the end of the world so I need some more opinions.

This is the church FI and I are getting married in. It's a tiny white chapel. It's very traditional and exactly what I always imagined getting married in. 

I was planning on having the bridesmaid dresses be any long chiffon of their choosing in David's Bridal wine - it's a deep burgundy. This is the most accurate pic of the color I could find:

My mom says that the dresses will clash horribly with the red carpet. I'm just not too fussed/concerned. I think it will blend together into a general warm palate, but she says everyone will be distracted by it. 

Am I crazy? Do you think it'll look bad?

Re: Will we clash with the carpet? Does it even matter?

• Options
    I love the church!  Your Mom is being ridiculous.  Don't listen to her.  Your BMs will not clash with the carpet.  But if you are really worried then you can use an aisle runner (which I really don't typically advise since they can be a tripping hazard) but just make sure that that sucker is super tacked down.

• Options
    You don't need to match with the carpet.  This is a non-issue.  Don't worry about it.
  • Options
    Your mom is being silly, and your church is beautiful!
  • Options
    I think it will be fine.  If you wanted to, maybe you can put an aisle runner that would cover up a lot of the carpet that the guests' would see and would be in pictures.
  • Options
    Weddings have a way of making us all go a bit crazy over details that no one will ever notice.

The chapel is beautiful and that — along with what YOU look like — is all any guest is going to be thinking about. I can guarantee you that not a single person there will have the thought "Oh my gosh, the dresses clash with the carpet!"

Except maybe mom. And I bet even she will get over it when you walk down the aisle :)
  • Options
    The church is adorable! I think those colors go fine with the carpet, and it wouldn't really matter if they didn't.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

Love the church & the dress color!!! Don't worry about it, because if you let that dictate your wedding color, what is going to happen if the color that goes with the church carpet doesn't go with the reception carpet...oh no....sorry, being a smart ass.

• Options
    Just wanted to chime in and say that church is adorable!!
  • Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    It's so silly I laughed when when I saw the discussion title. 

Don't sweat it, OP. It'll look just fine! 
  • Options
    Cool! Thanks guys. Glad to know my instinct to not care was right. I'll tell my mom to go find some other detail to freak out about ... like the fact that my dress is ivory and grooms shirt is white ... OH NOES! ;) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards