Attire & Accessories Forum

Something new, blue, old, borrowed

For something new old borrowed or blue does each category need its own item or can I use my grandmas garter for something borrowed old and blue?! 

Re: Something new, blue, old, borrowed

• sure. Although techinically your something blue is supposed to be visible.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I just thought you were supposed to have something blue... I was going to use my garter as the something blue also..it'll be visible during the toss :) lol
  • I never heard the visible bit either. I was thinking of wearing blue under things. We aren't doing a garter toss so I'm gonna skip wearing one.
  • don't forget the sixpence!
    I bought a sixpence off eBay... and promptly lost it somewhere in my house. I might have put it somewhere "for safekeeping" but honestly can't remember, and I checked all my safekeeping spots and it's not there. Hid it from myself really well. It might have gotten thrown away for all I know. What does THAT say about our future financial good fortune?! :-p

• Heck, mom used blue thread on my petticoat.
    Mom bought me an Irish sixpence from the year DH was born.
    I also, for purely sentimental reasons (though it also made it my 'something borrowed') used the sixpence she had in her shoe when she married my dad to hang from the bottom of my bouquet.
    My something old was my DH (that's what I claimed).  Though I suppose either mom's sixpence, or the ivory broach my grandmother gave me the day of my birth, or the matching earring I wore that day would count for that too.
    The new stuff...well, that was all pretty well covered.  :)
  • there is no right and wrong way to do this.  Typically yes each thing is its own category, but many times people will double dip. your marriage with still be valid either way :)

Anniversary
  • Paint your toenails blue.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards