Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Brides that love music- I need your help!

I'm getting married in Sepember and my fiance and I are trying to decide what song to have our first dance to. We have "a song" but it's super cheesy and i would never want to have my first dance to it. My wedding is going to be pretty rustic and whimsical so i don't want any of the "classics". Do you know a super sweet, soft, maybe acoustic song that I should give a listen to? What song did you (will you) dance to at your wedding? Thanks brides :)

Re: Brides that love music- I need your help!

• We are doing Van Morrison's "Sweet Thing". It's our song so it was going to happen either way, but we're also doing the whimsical, rustic theme and I think it fits pretty well.

Other suggestions:

"Your Song" - Elton John
    "First Day of My Life" - Bright Eyes (though I personally love this as processional song)
    "More than Anyone" - Gavin Degraw
  • We did "I Was Made for You," by She & Him. It's kind of retro-y and upbeat. Other choices:

"You and I," by Ingrid Michaelson
    "Soft Place in My Heart," by Buddy Holly
    "That's How Strong My Love Is," by Otis Redding
  • donethatdonethat member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    For sweet soft and whimsical, try one of these

Sweet Pea by Amos Lee
    I Like You by Ben Rector  
    We're Going to be Friends by The White Stripes
    All I Want is You   The Vespers or Barry Louis Pollister     (Juno)
    Anyone Else But You     by Joey B   (Juno)
    The Luckiest by Ben Folds
    Never Be Anyone Else But You by Emmylou Harris
    I Choose you by Sara Bareilles
    Danny's Song by Kenny Loggins or Anne Murray or Swon Brothers
  • We are dancing to My Best Friends by Tim McGraw

All of Me by John Legend is my second choice, so I am having it for my processional.

Good luck!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Why not just pic a song you both love that you can dance to? I doesn't necessarily have to be a romantic song. Based on you saying "your" song is cheesy, I take it you really don't want a cheesy first dance anyway. Just have fun with it!
  • My fiancé and I are dancing to "Miracle to Me" by the Black Crowes.  
  • "She's Got a Way" Billy Joel
    Maybe it's a little too "classic", but I know I never hear as a first dance song. 
  • We are going to do our dance to "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You" by Nancy Wilson
    Happiness is an inside job
  • city and colour- we found eachother in the dark
  • MW5280MW5280 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    We're dancing to Ingrid Michaelson's cover of Fools Rush In.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Soft and to the point: "I'm All About You" by Jerrod Niemann feat. Colbie Caillat. I also like "You Are The Best Thing" by Ray LaMontagne. Kind of a faster pace, but I am not one for super slow and IMO sappy songs :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our song is "need her love" by ELO ( Electric Light Orchestra). We are huge ELO fans and this song was perfect.

• "You and Me" (Dave Matthews Band), "In Your Eyes" (Peter Gabriel), and "Two of Us" (Supertramp) are three that I really love, and are pretty off-the-beaten path.  
    If you and your FI have a song that's "your song" though, I would suggest doing that, no matter how cheesy it is! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • Our is "Here There and Everywhere" (The Beatles)- we're both Beatles fans and it's perfect for us
  • "The Way I Am" by Ingrid Michaelson
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards