Not Engaged Yet
Options

NWR: What Chore do you Dislike the Most?

I was doing dishes this morning and decided I dislike them immensely. Not so much the actual doing of the dishes, but rather it feels like every time I turn around I'm doing dishes. I just dislike the redundancy of them.

I came to a conclusion: I decided I dislike doing dishes more than I dislike cleaning the bathroom.

What chore do you dislike the most?

Re: NWR: What Chore do you Dislike the Most?

• Options
    I don't mind cleaning too much but what bothers me the most about cleaning is scrubbing the bath tub. I feel like that gets dirty faster than anything in our apartment and it drives me insane.
  • Options
    Ah yes...the infamous bathtub. I hate that thing. I never use it, but my cats love it. That is where their bug graveyard is, so it's always got bugs and cat hair in it. I would probably ignore cleaning it if my SO didn't use the bathtub sometimes.
  • Options
    I share your pain ladies. I hate cleaning my bathroom! My cat's litter box is in there and it just makes everything such a mess. I do not even know why I try.
  • Options
    I agree on dishes and bathtub. The funny thing is I'm actually amazing at cleaning both of them :) I just really need to be in the mood. Which is about never
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2014
    Cleaning the cat's litter box. I hate it. I hate putting away the laundry too. I just don't have the patience for it. I don't mind doing it, just don't like folding, hanging, and putting it away. Luckily FI doesn't mind doing and it and does it without me even asking him to :)
    Anniversary

• Options
    I HATE folding laundry. I also hate cleaning the cat's bedroom, he's a messy bastard.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    I HATE laundry. I don't mind washing it (that's easy), but the folding and putting away SUCKS. Also, with 2 girls it feels like it never ends. They wear 2-3 outfits per day. That's a lot of freaking laundry. Not to mention their socks are smaller and get stuck in the washer drain hose. Ugh. I HATE it. I'd scrub toilets and floors any day of the week. 

I also don't like dusting, but mostly because it drives my allergies absolutely nuts. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I hate cleaning toilets.  H always cleans them at our house.  I also hate doing dishes, but I do them probably 75% of the time just because I try to clean as I cook so there's not a big mess to worry about.

• Options
    Mopping floors. Oh good god I hate mopping floors.
  • Options
    When I lived by myself, I pretty much lived out of my laundry baskets.
    Anniversary

• Options
    @KeptInStitches - I forgot about mopping floors!!!  my mop sucks, so I normally just scrub the floors on my hands and knees.  I HATE IT.
  • Options
    @buddysmom80 "cat's bedroom". My cat would be so jealous if he knew...more space to create hairballs and spread cat litter all over. 
  • Options
    Basically all chores.... I'm awful at them all....

Anniversary

• Options

@500days we had to give him his own room, since our dog thinks that the cat's poop are treats...

He is spoiled though, he has his litterbox, food and water and a futon. I might put in a window seat for him too if I ever feel inclined to do so.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options

Cleaning the bathtub...I'm convinced if BF would switch from bars of soap to liquid soap there would be MUCH less soap scum to scrub off.

Also, vacuuming the stairs.  I even bought a vacuum just for the stairs recently but the thought of vacuuming stairs has kept me from even using my new "toy" too much.

• Options
    I absolutely HATE doing the dishes. I'd rather do every other chore twice than do the dishes. 

• Options
    TwoDimes said:
    @KeptInStitches - I forgot about mopping floors!!!  my mop sucks, so I normally just scrub the floors on my hands and knees.  I HATE IT.
    My floors are lucky to get Swiffer WetJet. I'm way too lazy to use a real mop or heaven forbid, get on my hands and knees!
    Ditto!!
  • Options
    By mopping I do mean Swiffer WetJet, and I hate mopping for a couple reasons: I just plain don't enjoy doing it, and they did away with the off-brand WetJet pads in my area so now mopping is more expensive to top it off.
  • Options
    @Ollie08 I love my steam mop. It works so well on everything! I no longer use the swiffer on my floors. 
  • Options
    BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Ollie08 Ohmigosh, my daughter also loves that i 'make her clothes toasty' but really it's for the wrinkles.  I always feel so guilty because it's such a waste to run the dryer so much, but eff... I hate folding/putting laundry away.
  • Options
    I hate cleaning the bathroom. All the hair and dust and stuff al mixed together blech! I don't mind doing the laundry and i'll even fold and put away the drawer stuff but I'm a disaster at hanging stuff up.

• Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

I avoid cleaning the bathroom but in the end the chore is actually kind of satisfying.

I think my hate falls equally between folding/putting away laundry and doing the dishes. Both are so tedious and repetitive and can be a real time suck when I'd rather be doing something else. At least when I vacuum or clean the bathroom the effect lasts...but when I do laundry it's like it doesn't even matter...there's a whole new pile of dirty clothes the next day.

• Options
    500days said:
    I share your pain ladies. I hate cleaning my bathroom! My cat's litter box is in there and it just makes everything such a mess. I do not even know why I try.
    100% this.

Between the litter EVERYWHERE, and my own shedding (BF pointed out a giant hairball tumbleweed on the floor this morning), my bathroom is the WORST. 

*******************************************************************************************

• Options

I was doing dishes this morning and decided I dislike them immensely. Not so much the actual doing of the dishes, but rather it feels like every time I turn around I'm doing dishes. I just dislike the redundancy of them.

I came to a conclusion: I decided I dislike doing dishes more than I dislike cleaning the bathroom.

What chore do you dislike the most?

This is my issue with dishes. I hate when I get everything washed, and the sink and counter and clear...and then I have to make dinner. UGH!

I'm also guilty of doing all my laundry and then letting it sit in the basket. And I have a bad habit of letting my laundry pile up until I have to do like 5 loads.

I really don't mind other cleaning, so long as I keep up with it. Also my apartment is tiny so there isn't a whole lot to actually clean!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @TwoDimes and @GoldenPenguin I hate the hair tumbleweeds!! There was one in my shower loofa/poof thing this morning (how???) and I thought it was a bug. I may or may not have screamed like a little girl...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @TwoDimes we'll just call them "Two Dime Balls" hahaha 

• Options
    I totally fold our clothes in the living room and leave them on the floor lol. I am only inspired to put mine away once hubs has put his away and mine look all lonely. :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    I hate every single chore... ALL of them, that's why my house is such an embarrassment! 

Dishes aren't HORRIBLE because I have a dish washer.

The bathroom is probably the worst.  FI is horrible about making a mess in there - water EVERYWHERE.

Vacuuming sucks - I have 2 giant long-haired-furry-monsterous-dogs and 2 cats. . . and a guinea pig.  An hour after vacuuming the tumbleweeds are again floating across the floors.

Dusting - Also sucky

Oh - for those who want slobbery dogs, you have to wash walls and ceiling because they get slimmed... frequently (as does the TV screen).

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards