Illinois-Chicago

Alder planetarium

Has anyone had their wedding at Adler Planetarium? My fiancé and I are from Northwest Indiana and fell in love with Adler's floor plans. We are a little concerned about cost though. We really don't want to exceed $20,000. Any advice?

Re: Alder planetarium

• KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2014
    hpkwlove said:
    Has anyone had their wedding at Adler Planetarium? My fiancé and I are from Northwest Indiana and fell in love with Adler's floor plans. We are a little concerned about cost though. We really don't want to exceed $20,000. Any advice?

Adler is amazing!!! I didnt host my wedding there but we did look at it. It books really far in advance.

Is 20k your entire budget or just the budget for the rental space? Bc for a saturday night it costs 9k to just rent the space. That does not include food, linens, cocktails, etc. It might include basic tables and chairs but I am not sure.

Also, if you choice Adler you have only one choice for a caterer. Its Food for Thought. They arent a bargin by any means. I had a tasting with them, and while their food was really good, the service was awful. They could have been having an off night, but I wasnt going to risk having terrible service at our wedding.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Grabows14Grabows14 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    I looked into Adler; it was 10k at the time to reserve, and you can only use special vendors. The food alone for the vendor is at least 100$ a plate. This also doesn't include any rentals. So just some food for thought!

I'm not sure what your guest count is; but I looked at 14 venues in Chicago. And for each one, there was no way we could get a $20k wedding for 180 people. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards