Wedding Etiquette Forum

Groomsmen attire

We're having different color bridesmaid dresses (peacock colors) and I was wondering if I should do the same wih the groomsmen to match who their walking with? Obviously they would have different color vests and ties, but now I'm thinking that might look a little wierd. Maybe have the groomsmen all in the same suit?

Re: Groomsmen attire

• I would keep the GM in all the same color. Like @HisGirlFriday13 said, I think think prom when the GM are matched to whatever maid they are walking down the aisle. It'll look cleaner and more appropriate to have them all in the same.
  • The suits would be the same it would be the ties/vest that would be different corresponding colors.
  • Walfordd said:
    The suits would be the same it would be the ties/vest that would be different corresponding colors.
    Yes, we understood that. We're still saying, 'Same suits, the whole way, none of the ties/vests matching the BMs' dresses, because that looks like prom attire to us.'
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
    cupcait927Rebl90
  • Walfordd said:
    The suits would be the same it would be the ties/vest that would be different corresponding colors.
    I agree with PP's, have the GM's all in the same color ties and vests that coordinate with one single color a BM is wearing, and incorporate peacock feathers into all of their bouts.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

LDay2014
  • So, the bridesmaids would be in all different colours and you are asking if the groomsmen's vests and/or ties should match each bridesmaid.
    Example:
    Purple and Yellow Rose Bouquets
    Gray Suits With Gem Colored Ties
    Versus the groomsmen not matching the individual bridesmaid; examples:

Personally, I don't like it when people try to pair up groomsmen with bridesmaids as if they are couples.  Often, they do not even know each other, one/some might not be attracted to the opposite sex, and/or they are in relationships with other people.  
    PrettyGirlLostHisGirlFriday13Walfordd
  • I'd put them all in the same suit/tux and maybe find a patterned tie in the wedding colors for them. That way they all match without trying.
    InkdancerPrettyGirlLostcupcait927CMGragain
  • I think it would look pretty to have different tones in your theme on the groom's side as well as the bride's. I love color, though. I don't think anyone will mistake your wedding for a prom. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Walfordd
  • I think it would look pretty to have different tones in your theme on the groom's side as well as the bride's. I love color, though. I don't think anyone will mistake your wedding for a prom. 

I think it could look cute but if you mixed up colors. Like if your using turquoise, aqua, and purple, have a purple BM with a turquoise GM.
    Inkdancer[Deleted User]wrigleyvilleVulgarGirl
  • Satin vests are not usually worn with suits.  Are you talking about tuxedos?
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Teddy917 said:
    I think it would look pretty to have different tones in your theme on the groom's side as well as the bride's. I love color, though. I don't think anyone will mistake your wedding for a prom. 
    I think it could look cute but if you mixed up colors. Like if your using turquoise, aqua, and purple, have a purple BM with a turquoise GM.
    ^^That's what I was thinking as well. Not as matchy-matchy. I never really understood the matching the dress and the tie bit anyways. Even for prom.
  • I also agree with one color for the suit (and vest if they'll have one) and then one color for the tie. The only colors I'd do with tuxedos would be black, gray/silver, or white. Colors and tuxedos definitely scream prom. But at the very least, don't match up the couples unless they are, in fact, couples.

After 6 years and 2 boys, finally tying the knot on October 27th, 2013!

• Thank you for the pics it's a huge help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards