Illinois-Chicago
Options

Need help finding unique CITY venue for 150! (seated or cocktail)

Kirkstar510Kirkstar510 member
edited April 2014 in Illinois-Chicago
Hi everyone! I've been looking for a reception venue for my Fall 2015 wedding for a few months now. So far my frontrunners are Floating World Gallery ($3500) and Architectural Artifacts ($4000). Can anyone recommend any other unique spaces for capacity of 150? I'd prefer something with natural light (aka not a typical hotel banquet room). I've checked out all of the West Loop lofts (Loft on Lake, City View Loft, Room 1520, etc) and they are all a bit over budget ($5500 on average), plus the location is just meh. I'd like to keep the reception cost under $15,000 (150 capacity), which is starting to seem impossible if I want a plated dinner. This budget would need to include DJ, furniture rental, food & drink, etc. So I'm starting to look at the possibility of having a more casual event. Has anyone been to a cocktail-party style wedding reception? Did you like it? Where in Chicago could this be?? any advice is very much appreciated!

Re: Need help finding unique CITY venue for 150! (seated or cocktail)

• Options
    Have you considered Kitchen?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Grabows14Grabows14 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    The Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum north of Lincoln Park Zoo was beautiful, and they allow you to go on the rooftop too. 
    Here's the example of a wedding ceremony: image

And here's what they can do for reception (inside) 

(outside on roof top, not the best picture sorry)
    ETA: sorry i didn't realize 15k was your total budget, this might be out of it... my bad :(
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

@knotporscha please remove the vendor.

@mrslaurensmith youc ant advertise here. It is against the terms you agreed to when signing up for the knot. And FWIW, catalyst ranch looks like a place for a kids birthday party, not a wedding venue.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards