Ohio-Cleveland

Plus size dresses

Does anyone know where I could go and actually try on a dress that is bigger than a size 8 around ne-ohio besides David's bridal?! I tried a place and anything that wasn't a size 10 or bigger they held infront of me, and that doesn't give the same effect at all. The dress is a big deal to me and I really don't want to miss out on the experience

Re: Plus size dresses

• when I went to Catan's Bridal in Strongsville they had a selection of Plus size dresses. I didn't have the best experience there (we waited 40 minutes for my scheduled appt, and two of the dresses were so dirty i almost didn't try them on) but the lady who helped me (Lisa) was fantastic, and at least you can see what a dress would look like on you. (not sure exactly what size they were, but call local places and ask what sizes they have in samples to try on) Good Luck!

Oh! and then there's this great store in Sandusky, cloud 9...they have larger sizes to try on there too
  • I'm plus size and while they didn't have plus sizes to try on I found my dress at The Dress Boutique in Medina. I also went to Catan's and they had larger sizes but the girl who was dressing me did not listen to me in the slightest and I had the worst time. Also the one dress I REALLY wanted to try at Catan's they only had in a 6 and there was no way I was able to squeeze into it.
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    The Dress in Medina is amazing. They may not have plus size dresses, but they have a great selection & will do everything they can to accommodate you. 
  • Expressions Bridal in Mentor (they had a good selection of plus size dresses).  I got my dress from here. 

If you're ok with a sample - Daley Nuptials in North Olmsted - her prices were great, but you are buying samples (but she does have anything from Alfred Angelo to Maggie Sottero).  Plus her veils/accessories are extremely reasonable.

Catan's had some, but they were higher priced than Expressions on the gown I wanted (and they would not budge on their price).

I've heard great things about The Dress in Medina - I didn't shop there but it's a very small shop.

Anniversary
  • Here are some websites I found helpful before I went dress shopping...

What I found to be helpful was to look at dresses online and call the stores to see if they have that designer/style in the store. Then ask them if they have the sample size dress in your size. It made things a lot easier for me when I called ahead. The shops also pulled like dresses in my size.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards