Wedding Reception Forum
Options

NYC Wedding Venue

Hi all!

I am currently looking for some wedding venue ideas in NYC proper (will look outside the city IF it's worth it, but not too far since my ceremony will be taking place in Brooklyn) I'm looking to hold a wedding on October 31, 2015 or possibly New Year's Ever (December 31, 2015). Wondering if anyone has any suggestions of unique venues. I love the look of old, 1920's venues with character... definitely want to give my guests something to "wow" at. The more unique the better!

Re: NYC Wedding Venue

• Options
    JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2014
    Try posting this on your local board....you'll get a better response.  

http://forums.theknot.com/categories/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city

That said, I'd really try and find a reception site no more than 20 minutes or so drive (with NYC traffic!) from your venue.  For this reason, I probably wouldn't look outside the city.  You don't want to inconvenience your guests and make it a real pain to get to the party.
  • Options
    Thank you so much! And I agree. There's some great places 40 minutes outside of the city but I'd HATE to have my guests sitting in traffic, even though we would rent a shuttle for them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards