Wedding Etiquette Forum

Question/Rant about other person's wedding

2»

Re: Question/Rant about other person's wedding

• ninewest86ninewest86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2014
    image  Can I wear this (clicky) with a sweater to cover the shoulders, heels, some jewelry and a clutch?
  • ashleyepashleyep member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited May 2014
    @pinkshorts27- I'm in NYC, picturing a circle line/similar type cruise. And in my circle everyone would be similarly attired.
    If I'm going on a boat and heels I would probably break an ankle or spend half the night on the ground. And a boat does not scream formal to me. 
    There are some very nice party/cruise type boats. I've seen schools have proms on them. I'd wear the same thing as @STARMOON44. But I'd probably bring those little fold up flats and hide them in FI's suit jacket.

Anniversary
  • I wouldn't wear that old navy dress. It's a casual sundress.
  • image  Can I wear this (clicky) with a sweater to cover the shoulders, heels, some jewelry and a clutch?
    I agree that that's a little too casual, even with the sweater, heels, etc.

What about THIS, or THIS, or THIS, or THIS?
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Sugargirl1019Sugargirl1019 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2014

image  Can I wear this (clicky) with a sweater to cover the shoulders, heels, some jewelry and a clutch?

I agree that that's a little too casual, even with the sweater, heels, etc.

What about THIS, or THIS, or THIS, or THIS?

----------------------------

I ADORE that Jennifer Lopez ponte sheath dress in coral! I'd be wearing that fo sho. And now I'm doing online checkout for that dress.. Thanks a lot @hisgirlfriday13 :)

image   image   image

• You're welcome! I may or may not be planning on buying it myself!
    Anniversary

• image  Can I wear this (clicky) with a sweater to cover the shoulders, heels, some jewelry and a clutch?
    I think that might be a little too casual for an evening wedding.  Do you have a cocktail dress you can wear?

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• My cocktail dresses are more winter/fall with sleeves or lace in black.  I don't like wearing black to weddings, it feels like I'm sending bad vibes or something.  I have a dress similar to the chaps black/white link, navy and white striped (hey maybe it'll fit into their theme) cap sleeves, just above the knee.  Then of course dressed up with heels, clutch, jewelry blah blah blah. 
    I fail at dressing myself but am grateful for the help :)
  • I love dressing other people. :)
    Anniversary

• My cocktail dresses are more winter/fall with sleeves or lace in black.  I don't like wearing black to weddings, it feels like I'm sending bad vibes or something.  I have a dress similar to the chaps black/white link, navy and white striped (hey maybe it'll fit into their theme) cap sleeves, just above the knee.  Then of course dressed up with heels, clutch, jewelry blah blah blah. 
    I fail at dressing myself but am grateful for the help :)
    Black is perfectly fine to wear to a wedding.  The past 5 weddings I have attended as a guest I have worn black, and so did many of the others.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards