Chit Chat
Options

Are you freaking kidding me??

That Etiquette Deal Breaker thread has 369+ effing posts on it!! What In the ever living hell did The Knot do?!?

I can't even get past page 8. I quit. It's so stupid. I was gone for 6 hours and that is what I come back to? Utter bullshit.

Lots of French in this post :)

image   image   image

Re: Are you freaking kidding me??

• Options
    Ohhh that's the thread that spawned the game? I purposely avoided that thread. Now I'm intrigued, so maybe I'll give it a shot.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    @pinkcow13 oh please, spare yourself! It's absolutely awful.

I did however thoroughly enjoy the bingo. :)

Actually, pinkcow, take both bingo sheets and start on page 1 and let us know what page you are on when you can yell BINGO! :)

image   image   image

• Options
    Yeah I wouldn't recommend bingo unless you don't have to work tomorrow. The hangover is going to be a killer.
  • Options
    Haha might as well give it a shot!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    pinkcow13 said:

Haha might as well give it a shot!

There will be many shots taken, especially on pages 8-12.

image   image   image

• Options
    Geez, I already are things starting to break down on page 4. I think it's time for that shot!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    That thread was an hour of my life I will never, ever get back. There is not enough alcohol in the world to make the entitlement there okay.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    My favorite was " it's the day for the bride and groom to be treated like royalty" and the chick who ended her special reason explanation with the word "boom." Where in the hell did these newbies come from? Geez....
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    pinkcow13 said:

My favorite was " it's the day for the bride and groom to be treated like royalty" and the chick who ended her special reason explanation with the word "boom." Where in the hell did these newbies come from? Geez....

I'm mad she tarnished "boom" for me.

• Options
    The thread was in the TK email.
  • Options
    I shouldn't have been surprised when I came back this evening, but really I was surprised to see 369 posts at that time about why you should not invite SOs, cash bars are important for finances and money dances are cultural so we are all uncultured swine.

But I announced the flood early on in the thread! Yay me!

image   image   image

• Options
    jdluvr06 said:

If TK had mods, the KGs could ask the mods for input.

Just sayin'.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    Honestly some of the stuff there was so ridiculous. I guess that's what happens when you watch too many wedding shows and wedding movies.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options

jdluvr06 said:

Just sayin'.

Bingo! Sorry, I had to ;)
  • Options
    ckel24 said:

jdluvr06 said:

Just sayin'.

Bingo! Sorry, I had to ;)
    Haha! I put it out there for a reason. :)
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    Man there have been some classy threads lately.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I tried, but I don't have enough wine to get through half of it. Even if I bought two buck chuck I couldn't afford enough wine to finish the thread.  But I still responded. Call me a sucker for punishment.
  • Options
    pinkcow13 said:
    I was also purposely avoiding that thread.....did someone seriously say that?! 

• Options
    I avoided that thread too. Feeling better about the decision- though the bingo post makes much more sense now!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    jenna8984 said:
    pinkcow13 said:
    I was also purposely avoiding that thread.....did someone seriously say that?! 
    Yup, someone seriously said that. I've never seen so many snowflakes in one place, it was like a blizzard over in that thread.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    Wow, I spent the better half of my afternoon reading through that thread in between doing my work. I made it to pg 11 before my head exploded on my computer.
    imageimage">
  • Options
    I feel like these threads always happen when I have a big exam the next day and I should be studying. 

I am just amazed at the excuses and the things that people think are okay. The thread started out well- kind of shows that there are circles of hell when it comes to etiquette. Some things elicit eye rolls, some things end friendships. 

And then it went to hell in a handbasket. 
  • Options
    Haha- nice. My parents tried to spring a money dance on me even though I told them I didn't want it. My dad even mentioned it in his welcome speech. Thankfully- it didn't happen.
  • Options
    lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2014
    I saw it had over 200 new posts. I skimmed through it and only clicked on every third page, lol.
  • Options
    I wish I could just walk away.

I completely understand why people feel they way they.  Fine you like cash bars, no skin off my back.  But damn that thread was about our individual feelings on what are deal breakers.  We all have deal breakers of some sort.

Why do you care so much if I will not attend a wedding where my SO wasn't invited?  It's really not that hard of a concept to understand even if you do not follow it yourself.  Oh that's right, I'm suppose to be honored that even got an invitation.   Hell to the fact my SO feels hurt that they are able to attend the same event.      

By the way, me declining maybe you can go ahead a b-list someone's SO.

grr

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards