Chit Chat

AW your Current Mani/Pedi

I'm waiting for my mint green nails to dry. . . show me your mani's/pedi's!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

Re: AW your Current Mani/Pedi

• JCbride2015JCbride2015 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2014
    Oooh fun!  I just did mine too, ten minutes ago.  It's a lizard green metallic color.

ETA: my toes are pink.  I'm too lazy to take my slippers off right now, plus I think Fi would give me really weird looks if I started taking foot selfies... ;)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• I need to do mine. They are a mess right now. I at least need to take the polish off from a couple of weeks ago at least.
  • pinkcow13pinkcow13 member
    edited April 2014
    I love doing my nails :) I did mine on Friday, but they are already chipping pretty badly. I'll have to do them tomorrow. Here' s my mani, I tried the "ombre" look, I'm trying to perfect it.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Technical difficulties before :)
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• I got a mani Saturday before I left for my bachelorette party.

Pardon the chubby fingers...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • buddysmom80buddysmom80 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2014

I'm in a desperate need of a new gel manicure. I had this done almost two weeks ago. It's OPI Don't Bossa Nova Me Around, I LOVE the color.

ETA: For my pedicure I have a coral-ish color. It's an Essie polish, I can't remember the name though, sorry :(

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I'm so jealous of you ladies and your pretty nails. My fingernails and toenails are currently unpolished because I use my hands to much and they always chip. 

Any suggestions (besides acrylics) to help a polish last?

• JCbride2015JCbride2015 member
    edited April 2014
    @eg72 try color gel! Or CND Vinylux nail color. The Vinylux lasts really well on me and you can do it at home with no light. There's no base coat: just color and topcoat.

Etf typo
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• @JCBride2014 I've never heard of the CND so I will look into that. I have really given up hope! Haha.

• Dying to try Vinylux but can't find it anywhere. Did you order online @JCBride2014?

I painted mine last weekend and they haven't chipped yet, which is shocking. I love gel, but can only do it every couple of month b/c it jacks up my nails. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    I really need to make time to do my nails. They have been bare and sad for about a month :(
  • Ooh! You caught me at a good time. I just did them for my shower. I've got Essie Blue Aruba and Sally Hansen crackle overcoat in Fractured Foil. 

You don't want to see my toenails. 
  • So, quick question for ladies who get pedis, is it worth it? My feet aren't the prettiest, but I kinda want to have one done. I am wearing closed toed shoes on the wedding day, but have wedge sandals to change into.

I think I'm just scared the lady doing it will be like "man, I really didn't need to see those feet" lol.

Anniversary
  • I just went last night for a gel mani and a pedi! My fingers are OPI Cajun Shrimp and my toes are basically the same color but it's Essie something. 

• I'm jealous of all the ladies who can get pedis. I can get them but I have ballerina feet so I don't bother since I never wear open toe shoes anyway.
  • I just gave myself a mani/pedi last night!

My nails are pretty boring.  Not a huge fan of nail polish on my fingers because it feels heavy and hot (weird I know) so it is a pretty sheer nude color that you can really even see in the picture, but it is there I swear.

And my toes are a pretty coral!

• I love all your nails!

@eg72- your natural nails are a great shape and length!

I will have to try Vinylux.  L'Oreal has a gel manicure system that doesn't require any UV lights either, and I use the top coat on my other nail polish brands (Essie, ZOYA, regular L'Oreal, Sally Hanson) and it seems to work pretty well.

I think I might add some gold to my nails tonight. . .

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• My mani is decidedly uninspiring right now, but I love to get my CND Shellac manis. I've had better luck with CND Shellac than with the OPI Gellish, but I think a lot of that comes down to personal experience. Only 3 more days until I can get back to the salon.
  • @PGL I had to make myself stop getting acrylics because of how damaging it was to my nails. This is the longest the have ever been. EVER. 

• edited April 2014
    I love all the pretty nails!!! This is giving me some ideas for when I fix the chipped metallic gold nail polish look I've been rocking. 

ETA: I have never had acrylics, but even gel polish can totally wreck the nail underneath. I only rarely go in to have gel polish done, and I would never advise acrylics. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nicole by OPI My Lifesaver. Love this color!

Anniversary

• eg72 said:
    @PGL I had to make myself stop getting acrylics because of how damaging it was to my nails. This is the longest the have ever been. EVER. 
    I'm trying to strengthen my nails for the wedding- they grow really quickly but chip easily ><

I may get acrylic tips for the wedding but have them filed to look more natural.

I did a gel mani once and it freaking destroyed my nails!  I also don't think exposing our hands to UV light is really a great idea either; tanning beds are known to cause skin cancer, and it's the same principal.  I just finished two huge melanoma projects that I had been working on for two years, so maybe I'm being paranoid ;-)

• eg72 said:
    I'm so jealous of you ladies and your pretty nails. My fingernails and toenails are currently unpolished because I use my hands to much and they always chip. 

I get gel manicures!  Try them.  They last 2-3 weeks.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Here is my mani.  Very plain jane color compared to some of the other colors!  LOL.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• For anyone wondering how to strengthen their nails/ keep them from chipping, OPI's Nail Envy is awesome.  Two coats and my nails are hard as acrylics, I actually filed a bit off them because they were getting too long.  Also using it as a top coat over the studs keeps them on really well, for anyone who likes to stick stuff on their nails.
    Oh thank you!  I will try this!

I'm using Essie's Million ails and Grow Stronger right now, as well as taking prenatal vitamins with a ton of biotin.

• eg72 said:
    I'm so jealous of you ladies and your pretty nails. My fingernails and toenails are currently unpolished because I use my hands to much and they always chip. 

I get gel manicures!  Try them.  They last 2-3 weeks.
    Does it destroy your nails? I'm trying to avoid that again now that I have finally gotten them fairly healthy.

• eg72 said:
    @PGL I had to make myself stop getting acrylics because of how damaging it was to my nails. This is the longest the have ever been. EVER. 
    I'm trying to strengthen my nails for the wedding- they grow really quickly but chip easily ><

I may get acrylic tips for the wedding but have them filed to look more natural.

I did a gel mani once and it freaking destroyed my nails!  I also don't think exposing our hands to UV light is really a great idea either; tanning beds are known to cause skin cancer, and it's the same principal.  I just finished two huge melanoma projects that I had been working on for two years, so maybe I'm being paranoid ;-)

SIB

I really don't want acrylics for the wedding because something about my nails and the shapes of my cuticle beds just make acrylics look incredibly fake and awful on my hands. My BFF, however, always has acrylics and hers look amazing.

I will honestly paint mine a blush pink color for he wedding to match my color scheme. Or blue, something blue?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards