Snarky Brides

Stop whining about my wedding!

edited April 2014 in Snarky Brides
ARGH!!!!!!!!!

Coworker just got married in an ombre chevron burlap mess. So she feels the need to try to improve my wedding.

1 - You are not invited. No coworker is. Shove it. You did the break room invite, we are going small and private.

2 - I don't talk about my wedding because it's not everyone's life. Deal.

3 - My name is bad enough. Trust me. I've spent my life going yes it's my name. Since my first name is now crazy geeked out, DF's last name makes it a billion times worse. As in makes my stupid middle name of Valkyrie perfectly normal.

4 - As such, DF is taking my last name. Because he can.

5 - Yes it's a dry wedding. We're adult enough to have a good party without keg stands.

6 - My MOH is an adult. I trust she can pick a suitable dress in black. I don't care further.

7 - Yes, my hair will have it's normal colored streaks. Because I like them.

8 - I am not using aqua, sorry "Tiffany blue", chevrons, burlap or any other stupid pintrest ideas.

Re: Stop whining about my wedding!

• LOL!  I am the conservative grandmother of the Knot, and I think your post is hilariously wonderful!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Lol this is perfect...  a coworker of mine (who also is not involved in the wedding in any way) has recently been suggesting "these cuuuuuute burlap-wrapped mason jars" and "mustache and red lips props" for my wedding... and it's very, very much not my style.  

Also, Valkyrie is a kick-ass middle name?!  Are you parents Wagner fans?? (If so, LOVE.)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    That is so annoying! Avoid this crazy lady like the plague. 
  • I'm really curious what your name choices were now!!
  • Yay for NO burlap and chevron! Ick!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• "You had your turn. Now it's mine. BUTT OUT."
    eyeroll
  • edited April 2014
    I want to know your name almost as much as I want a picture of that tremendous disaster of a dress. ETA: Oh my goodness I read "ombre chevron burlap mess" as "ombre chevron burlap DRESS" and I was so excited/appalled that I'm actually disappointed now. :(

Tell her you loved her wedding so much you're having the exact same one and changing your name to hers. 
    I did too!!!

I'm having aqua in my wedding. NOT TIFFANY BLUE, THEY'RE DIFFERENT THINGS! And it's always been my favorite color. :(

• OP I feel your pain. My first name is bad too. Also it is nice to see another person whose FI is taking their last name.
  • I could see that being unfortunate. Not in itself, just in how certain kinds of geeks would react to it. It's cool that your FI is taking your name.
    This is me reading threads on TK
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My mom dated a guy named Rusty Gates. I hope he got married and took their name.

• My first name is River.  DF has one of two very geeky options for a name. Which is why I'm not taking his.

Valkyrie as in Odin' s handmaiden.

Omg, I hear the name River and I automatically nerd out and think of River Song from doctor who which therefore makes it a kick-ass name! Lol

I once knew someone who's maiden name was Hoover and she married someone with the last name Damm. Lol, good thing she didn't hyphenate!

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2014
    I hope that if you have children, you will give them sensible, normal names.  They will probably hate them, too!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Yup, got one of the geek names. Part of me goes that'd be fun. Most of me goes I don't want to go over this for 50 years. River Valkyrie is bad enough.

We've got pretty normal names we like. Evelyn and Naomi are favorites for daughters, Samuel and Anthony are favorites for sons. All are open to change. Sensible, boring names that have nice nicknames for little kids.
  • River makes me think of Firefly, naturally.  Do we have another Browncoat on the boards?!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • River makes me think of Firefly, naturally.  Do we have another Browncoat on the boards?!

Can't take the sky from me!

Of course, I'm a Whovian too, so River is just doubly awesome as a name.
    eyeroll
  • Firefly, Dr Who, Torchwood, Sherlock (sweet baby Jesus is Andrew Scott hot as Moriarty), I can go on as I am a geek.
  • Firefly, Dr Who, Torchwood, Sherlock (sweet baby Jesus is Andrew Scott hot as Moriarty), I can go on as I am a geek.
    Marry me?
    eyeroll
  • Inkdancer said:

Firefly, Dr Who, Torchwood, Sherlock (sweet baby Jesus is Andrew Scott hot as Moriarty), I can go on as I am a geek.

Marry me?

Since there was no snark over finding Andrew Scott way hotter than Benedict Cumberbatch

Sure.
  • Benedict Cumberbatch is kinda weird looking, yo. Moriarty was totally hot.
    This is me reading threads on TK
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you! There are rational people here!

Two days after 2.3, I got transferred as manager to a different store. As such, I then had all the keys to all our stores. DF came by and put a BK crown on me. I still run around "And honey... You should see me in a crown."

So thus, I'm wearing a veil so I have an excuse to wear a crown. Well, tiara. But still.
  • Inkdancer said:

River makes me think of Firefly, naturally.  Do we have another Browncoat on the boards?!

Can't take the sky from me!

Of course, I'm a Whovian too, so River is just doubly awesome as a name.

I have friends who named their daughter River after both River Song and River Tam. Big SciFi nerds who wanted their daughter's name to be inspired by strong women.
  • Bwahahahaha!!!!

I loved your rant!  Rock on!  I know how you feel.  My DF and I have been tempted to say to some folks, "Well, since you seem to want to be in control here, we'll let you go ahead and get us what YOU want, and then YOU can foot the bill, mmmmkay?"  Sheez.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards