Wedding Etiquette Forum

Sunday wedding timeline

AngusaurAngusaur member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
edited April 2014 in Wedding Etiquette Forum
We're getting married on a Sunday. We'll still have a limited bar (most likely beer, wine, 2 or 3 signature cocktails) and dancing. I know a Sunday isn't ideal but I've been to Sunday weddings and they're fun. We're trying to decide a good timeline. I didn't want anything too early because I still want a fun party vibe. I understand making it too late on a Sunday though might be inconveniencing to guests who will work Monday and people might start leaving early, which I don't want either.

Do you think 2 pm ceremony, 3 - 730 reception is too late? The ceremony and reception is at the same venue, and the venue is about 1 hour from the majority of my guests.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Sunday wedding timeline

• AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2014
    I think that would be fine. Not sure how much of a party vibe there will be, though.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • AngusaurAngusaur member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited April 2014
    AddieCake said:
    I think that would be fine. Not sure how much of a party vibe there will be, though.
    I know it won't be as lively as a Saturday night. I know my crowd and still think it will be a good time though.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I wouldn't have a problem with that time frame.
  • I had a Sunday wedding but I did it as a brunch (was awesome).   I wouldn't have a problem with that time frame either.
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • The timeframe is fine, if I had to work early on Monday morning, ending at 7:30 and being home by 8:30 is not a problem whatsoever. I stay up later than that on a Sunday during football season to watch the games lol
  • It's not too late, but if kids are invited, they might leave early to get kids home for bedtime on a school night.

If it were me, or many of my wedding guests, it may be too early. We're at church until 12, then need a little time to grab food, spiffy up, and drive there in time to be early, so we'd be more comfortable with 2:30 or 3:00 start time. If that's not your crowd, though, or if your guests would be going to church that day but get out earlier, it shouldn't be a problem. So it's a know your crowd thing
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Like you, I've had fun at Sunday weddings too. I think the hour-long drive home would quell the "fun party vibe" for me more than the Sunday factor. That being said, I think your timeline is fine.
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    We're having a Sunday wedding from 3:30 till 8:30, so obviously, I've got no problem with your timeline.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • phira said:
    We're having a Sunday wedding from 3:30 till 8:30, so obviously, I've got no problem with your timeline.
    Same here!
  • I think your timeline is good except I hate to say that there is no wedding on a Sunday that I would be ready to 'party' like I would on a Saturday. I would be anxious to get home and prepped for the work week like I always do. 
  • If it's a local wedding I would be fine with that time frame.  If it wasn't local I'd take Monday off anyhow.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards